Rss, Updates For Apps With Package Manager

johnz1

Still Fresh
I'm having visions of automatic RSS downloads for podcasts. That would be sooo nice.

Will it be possible to have a package manager that can check if there are new versions of any of your apps? It would be incredibly useful to be able to update all of your apps quickly.

As far as I'm aware, that's always been part of the software side of the project. Well, maybe not the podcasts thing, but the option to auto-update and install software from a pretty interface. It's one of the things that really attracts me to Pandora, since I've lost count of the number of times I've not tried something out because my GP2x was on the other side of the house.

Of course, things like roms are still an issue - those obviously can't get one-click installed, they'll need copying over, since they can't be distributed.

But for games and apps, it should work nicely, and I'm hoping that with some careful specification of file associations when installing emulators, you will (fingers crossed) be able to select a button called "find and sort files" where you either input the extensions you're interested in (probably select from a list of what's present on that SD) and it automatically finds them and puts it in the appropriate place for whatever program has the association. This could also be done by having a "find files to use in..." option, which is the same thing, except you choose the program they'll run in first.

Something like that, anyway...

Back