Rpg Engine Demo

ThndrShk2k

The Awesome Guru
Website
Visit site
rpg_001.png

rpg_002.png

Snesy sent me a new demo of his rpg engine.

You can download it here.

guess a test of a new RPG engine is out :D

Nope, it hasn't anything to do with the RPG Maker.
ATM it's designed to become an Action-RPG (Zelda-Like) Engine.
(may be changed if it's too complicated).

I'll design a game that comes and represents the engine - the graphics used atm are RPG Maker graphics to test the engine.
I'm currently working on my own graphic sets.

@nasra:

It´s just the beginning... Maybe you make better work in 2 weeks, then you can laugh again :)

Evil Dragon is right. First we didn´t want to say it, but it will be used for a game of Evil Dragon and me. We don´t want to give any infos about the game atm, because we are in the status of planing.

hey man, is the source out for this engine?
will it ever be released ?
I have been wantin to make a zelda game , even made me a topic bout it in here somewhere

~Octavious

Snesy - Well if you're useing it for your own game good luck! I guess the masses will just have to wait till you finish the engine or the whole game to get a source code to fiddle around with.

for all who dont know snesy, hes leading the german gp32 website www.gp32gaming.de and he is in contact with mitsui ;)
also, he did GP moron as a entry in pdroms competition (which wasnt that good)

First Evil Dragon and me will finish the game, then we´ll see what happens with the engine. :)
GP moron wasnt that good, right ^^ But who wants to program a Llamatron clon :p
Be sure, that I´ll try to do my best :)

Octavious posted on Mar 3 2004 at 10:18 AM said:
hey man, is the source out for this engine?
will it ever be released ?
I have been wantin to make a zelda game , even made me a topic bout it in here somewhere
geeze keep it in your pants

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds interesting.

Early question: Will there be a strong storyline running through it, or will it be more action based?..... I know its only early, but theres no harm in asking.

I will wait in anticipation. Good luck to both of you. :)

Octavious posted on Mar 3 2004 at 09:46 PM said:
i just had a question...
jezz urself ( no offence but cmon )
yeah, but it was fairly obvious that one question would e needed, not 2 for it. if the source was already released, then we would know.
and yes, i am offended *pulls up pants* 'Ya gon'a get meh rath' now boi' *XD lol*

This sounds interesting.

Early question: Will there be a strong storyline running through it, or will it be more action based?..... I know its only early, but theres no harm in asking.

I will wait in anticipation. Good luck to both of you. :)
Zelda like games are always interesting, and hopfully it will have action based dungeons and puzzles, yet an intriguing storyline that fits in, like Zelda-Link to the past *SNES one i think, too tired to look* did

www.graalonline.com A MMORPG written in delphi, closed source. Was good before they asked money for it, but you can still find versions 1.28 1.3 and 1.39 floating around somewhee *if you can find 1.39 GServer you can host your own server, although illegal says the makers of graal, some people do not care. and neither should graal*

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda games are only as good as their subquests and puzzles. But a good story can make up for lacking game play, hopefully both will be equally sweet for this game.

I should rephrase that, by side quests I mean the individual gambits you have to endure to advance. Zelda games to me are build of numerous levels rather than one continuous game (ie. escape something, rescue something, fight a boss, recover item)

Okay, here a few infos:

The battle system is not totally clear yet.
It will MOST PROBABLY NOT be like Zelda.
It MAY be a mixture between round-based and action-based.
This means: If you meet some monsters, you will come to a battle
scene (which may be action based).

As the engine is at a pretty early state atm, I cannot say anything for sure.

As I do the story, I try to make a good one into it
(@declaration: No, not the one from the CGP. I wouldn't feel good to do it without you guys :))

But be patient, as developing an RPG with a good story takes months!

Back