Roms at ebay?

count zero

Website
www.pregnantboy.net
Somebody is sellin a cd (oh no 9 cds) with games for neo geo, ngp, gg, snes, megadrive.... at ebay (germany) for 20 Euros!

I don't think that this is legal??

maybe illegal to own/buy if you dont own an original copy of the game

as for selling havent a clue

I saw that auction too. At least it's against eBay's guidelines for selling stuff. And besides I dislike people trying to make money with this kind of stuff. Should be reported to eBay (if it's not already...).

moz posted on Dec 10 2003 at 12:11 PM said:
maybe illegal to own/buy if you dont own an original copy of the game

as for selling havent a clue
Selling is illegal. The vendor is not the owner the products he has aggregated, has aggregated them illegally, duplicated without permissions and is seeking to profit from someone else's IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly the sort of thing which makes the software companies clamp down on roms. Making money from roms is wrong, and should be stamped out. And the excuse that you are just paying for the media and copying charges?? Rubbish. It is the rom that the person is buying, not the cd.

moz posted on Dec 10 2003 at 02:45 PM said:
is it dependant on which country they ar sold from (ignoring that ebay dont allow it)
Most countries have some form of copyright law - which usually cover blatent acts of unlawful selling such as this.

However, enforcement is another thing altogether. Witness Hong Kong and Malaysia.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is deffinetly illegal in Germany. There are laws enforced by the Eu like i think the copy protection act and trhe computer misuse act

It also depends what country you're importing it into. If your country prohibits this sort of copying, then it'll still be illegal for you even if not in the source country.

Back