Role Playing Games For The Genesis

GA01

Website
Visit site
Apologies if this has been mentioned before :). This isn't the sort of game that I would usually play but I'm finding myself becoming addicted to Shining Force 2. I have also found Shining Force as well as the Phantasy Star series. Just wondering what other RGP's are available for the Genesis.

:)

King's Bounty and Starflight are excellent, but more rpg-ish than true rpgs for sure.

The Faery Tale Adventure, effeminate as it sounds, is an obscure one that I had some fun with. Warsong is an rpg more centered on combat but still fun, and an old favorite of mine is Gemfire, which really is more about military strategy but it's totally set in a world of wizards, monsters and the like. Check 'em out, you may have missed them.

Oh yeah, and D&D: warriors of Eternal Sun.

Sorry that some of these are only slightly RPGs, somewhat more adventure games, but it's slim pickin's on the Genesis. STill, I'm sure you'll like at least ONE of them.

Landstalker, shining force and the Phantasy stars are the only games i can think of... yeah, the MD wasn´t great for RPG´s, that´s why i´m addicted to the PSP version of osnes9x...

Jarska333 posted on Oct 31 2005 at 09:14 AM said:
Alex. posted on Oct 31 2005 at 04:49 PM said:
One word: Shadowrun

Isn't that two words? Shadow and run...

:)

No, it's not. In the context of the game, a shadowrun is a sort of small-scale black op, performed by mercenaries typically contracted by a corporation and against another corporation (though corporations do not necessarily have to be involved at all).

Shadowrun is one of my favourite Genesis games. I really like the pen-and-paper RPG, too, but I don't really have anyone to play it with. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted to check out the home version of Shadowrun too but had the same problem. Shame, seems like a cool premise.

Good suggestion, I don't know how I missed that one (love the snes version).

Shining Force 2 is probably the best of the Shining Force games. The first Shining Force game was ruined for me after playing the second - it just could not compete. I always thought Soleil was a bit easy but a great game none the less.

yeah, the MD wasn´t great for RPG´s

I'd definately agree with that. It strange how there's so many excellent ones for the Saturn :D

Wonderboy 6 has some basic RPG elements and is pretty good as a platformer / RPG goes (plays a lot like Mystical Ninja). I also like PS4 and Shining Force. I dont think Sword of Vermillion has been mentioned yet :unsure:

Back