RMA for cracked case and purple-tinted/artifacted LCD

Wootson

In short:

• Placed order at Craig's store in September 2008 for a first batch Pandora.
  • Received the unit in February 2011.
  • The case developed small cracks over time, lost some paint, and now has the infamous purple tint and lots of artifacts after very light usage over 18 months.
  • Still have the original invoice.

More information in this topic: http://boards.openpa...fter-18-months/

Was just about to sell my unit over here and then this happened... Serious WTF moment.

Does this fall within the usual two years EU electronic device warranty? Would like to send this in and have it fixed (change of case and LCD cable). Any (extra) costs that I need to make for this? Where do I need to send my unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it'll be within warranty!

Please include an RMA note telling me what needs to be fixed and where to send it back to in the package.

OpenPandora GmbH

Schaeffbraeustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

Ed, I can send him one of the repaired units.

(These are CC boards which needed nubs replacing (they were never shipped), put in silver cases).

Well, that is a nice option too. Silver case and new nubs is a plus. As long as it has the new LCD cable inside I'm fully co-operating with this exchange. Maybe the new unit also has a better internal Wi-Fi, because mine was 80kB/s to 90Kb/s at the absolute max. All my hardware related Pandora problems were mainly the reason of not using the device that much, so this exchange could work out great. :)

I will send my unit together with a list of things that need to fixed to EvilDragon, and after he confirms he received it, Craig can send me the new unit. I will be shipping my unit later today via PostNL (Dutch post office company) and will send you both a PM with the track and trace code of the package.

I send the RMA to to Schäffbräustr. 11, i take it the german post office wont have any problems with classic german spelling?

Just got back from the post office and already send both Craig and EvilDragon the track and trace code for the package (via PM through the boards). It will be indexed at PostNL later today, probably somewhere around midnight. So that's when the package will be fully traceable.

I've included a short note and the original invoice inside the package. Craig also received my name and address so he knows where to send the replacement unit. When he sends the unit is entirely up to him.

Thanks for your fast response regarding the problem, and I'm happy that we can work out things so well! Only with OpenPandora things can be arranged this fast! ;)

I have an original first batch CC Pandora that has starting to develope cracks in the hinge along with the purple screen also.

This unit originated from Craig, I can pass on my name and address to prove this was the point of purchase.

Could a swap out be done for mine also, IE: Craig sends me a working unit with a silver case and up to date LCD cable, I return my old

unit to ED ?

According to the track and trace information, EvilDragon (or his legion of voluptuous OpenPandora maids) received the package today.

If Craig could give me an estimate on when to receive the new unit, that would be highly appreciated.

Community member Askarus is supposedly repairing Pandora's at EvilDragon's shop this week, so he can also confirm that my old unit came in last week.

Edit: Today (August 31st) I've send Craig an email with details.

No offense, but Craig is not very fast at reading personal messages or email (busy man, I know). Makes me think I'll be waiting at least a few months to receive that replacement unit.

It could be a lot faster if Askarus just fixed my unit and send it back. So if EvilDragon can just send me the repaired unit that'll be OK too.

I'm also not faster, I totally forgot to tell Craig the package arrived and it was all fine, truly sorry about that.

If Craig doesn't respond here until tomorrow, I'll fix it and send it back.

Sorry again.

No problem! :)

Received an email from Jacquelyn this afternoon. She will speak to Craig and ship a replacement unit as soon as possible. She will also send me an email on the day it is shipped. I will post a message when I receive the email/Pandora.

Today I had contact with Jacquelyn via email. She offered to send me a replacement unit in a black case. But I'd rather have my old unit back in a silver case (as the black case really is a problem for me). So I would kindly like to ask EvilDragon to repair my unit and send it back to me. All details are on the letter I included with the Pandora.

Thanks!

It's been almost two weeks and still got no answer if and when I can expect my unit to arrive back home. Didn't get a response on a PM either.

Truth is that I will be selling my unit eventually and I need the money rather today than tomorrow. Maybe EvilDragon is willing to buy at a fair price and resell it as a refurbished unit?

Arrgh - sorry for the delay.

When you mentioned you'd get a new one from Craig, I sorted this one out - and since Askarus did the repairs, he never got it because of this reason.

I'm hopelessly behind with PMs and mails, as I'm almost working fulltime to have everything else running properly, that's really an issue... it means that all standard stuff works fluently, but non-standard stuff doesn't.

It was an old normal CC unit with cracked black case, right?

I could offer you 200 EUR for that, if that's fine.

Back