Revenge of the Titans

AWESOME NEWS!

I was waiting for that since they announced that in the bundle.

Now please, could someone port it, please?

(Don't like to beg, but this game is so much fun that I can't restrain myself from begging)

Damn, I should have downloaded the source code before posting
dry.gif

EDIT : http://lwjgl.org/faq.php#faq3

Maybe OPT should send them a Dev Pandora?

That way we might get the library sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be interesting to see some of PuppyGames's other offerings be ported -- even if they were closed source I could see people buying them.

I'd probably go mad trying to play Revenge of the Titans on the Pandora; I'm frantic enough with a keyboard and mouse. But Titan Attacks or Ultratron would be fun I say.

IDK because I haven't played Advance Wars. All I know is that it'll be an AMAZING game to show off on the Pandora.

Nope, RotT is a tower defense game. IIRC Advance Wars is a turn-based strategy game.

I bought it quite a while ago (before the indie bundles… now I own 3 "licenses"
tongue.gif
) when it was still in beta.

It's good looking, nicely animated and rather humorous, if it's ever ported to pandora, that would be the game for showing off with my pandora
biggrin.gif

Does this game play like Advance Wars?
No, I don't think so. I've never played Advance Wars, but my impression is it's a turn based tactics game. Revenge of the Titans is a (pretty polished) tower defense game. Basically, you build towers and waves of enemies try to get past your towers to destroy your cities.

Edit: :ph34r: d****t! :ph34r:

dry.gif

Aw man! SOMEBODY SUMMON THE GREAT PICKLE!

not that great really ;-) ....

I did look at this is java, which at this scope is beyond my experience. But as i understand it some of the modules that this uses like opengl would be problematic. I guess we can run simple java apps on pandora?

this is sorta like a dumbed down RTS and a hyped tower defense game combined, it's actually pretty revolutionary and whole lot of fun to play.

dry.gif

Aw man! SOMEBODY SUMMON THE GREAT PICKLE!

not that great really ;-) ....

I did look at this is java, which at this scope is beyond my experience. But as i understand it some of the modules that this uses like opengl would be problematic. I guess we can run simple java apps on pandora?

YOU ARE PICKLE YOU WILL SAVE THE WORLD.

Anyhow, I haven't a clue about Java either, but I'm pretty sure the Pandora runs Java apps.

WE NEED A JAVA PROGRAMMER!

Hey ^ ! No Need for that. Anyway... I don't see why lwjgl couldn't handle this, according to the link KodeIn posted, they even seem willing to port their own library to OpenglES if they got a Pandora.

On a side note, I believe that WizardStan was the one that created the java pnd, maybe he could shed light on this subject.

NINJA EDIT:

According to their wiki, Opengles compatibility is in the works

http://lwjgl.org/wiki/index.php?title=General_FAQ

I've foung this old topic and wonder if there are some news about "Revenge of the Titans" and if someone will port it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Java + OpenGL ... Not that likely right now. :(

Is lwjgl the only thing depending on OpenGL? Stradian's link to the wiki suggests that it now supports OpenGL ES for those who want to build it themselves.

Thats one step, but java also needs to be setup to interface with the opengl-es library, which appears there is support for, but I dont know if and how that can be enabled for the pandora java.

Edit: Had to refresh on this...if we can compile LWJGL and it works with the pandora opengl library this might be possible.

Back