RetroStone

that's one ugly device, but they had me at "up to five players" (local multiplayer ftw) :D

I quite like it... Looks a bit like a qwirky gameboy. Looking at the kickstarter, you can also add an additional two buttons to the face so you can do the full 6 button setup.

I like it too. Must stay strong for Pyra though. I gotta admit, I still have close to nothing in the way of Pyra savings.

I do not understand this game boy fetish - it is so unefficient. good luck playing PS1 games with no analog controls.

Im Still waiting for the Retrobit Supa Retro Boy, but as EvilDragon currently got issues whit Nintendo because some of the Older Retro Bit Controllers looks like Nintendo Controllers, i ditnt think this will get released the next few months..
Got me a Original Game Boy Color some months ago, and i use a DS Lite for DS and GBA Games (and some GB GBC via the Emu Feature of the Everdrive GBA)..
The Gameboy wasnt the best Handheld, in therms of Ergonomic, but its the Handheld everyone remember..

The first Controllers where Digital (Only DPAD) but you also got the "Dual Shock1" whit Dual Analog Controllers..

And one moment please: this Gameboy Thing also Plays Playstation ??
Ok now its a bit more interessting than a GB Clone..

And one moment please: this Gameboy Thing also Plays Playstation ??
Yes, it's basically a RetroPi - just with a custom board, that I think is more akin to the OrangePi

There's nothing stopping you connecting PSone controller into the USB ports at the top, though it does mean carrying extra hardware.
Still, if you're happy with SNES/Megadrive generation and lower - this should be cover pretty much everything you'd want.

It is Raspberry Pi 3 under the hood, so yeah it will support PS1 emulation.
Well, technicalities - it's not a Raspberry Pi 3, but effectively something similar

I'm more concerned about L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons tbh
They've made a comment about that on the kickstarter

Back button configuration is very likely to change (lot of people just complained about it!) I posted new design on "Update 1" of the Kickstarter to ask backers to vote and lot of people vote for new design. New design is this one :

e31c06658214220f1b59c913792427e2_original.png

I'll post prototype picture as soon as I got it

There was also an analogue stick before the dual shock (which as the name suggests, added rumble). It's somewhat rare these days though.

I quite like the robust look of this with it's stone finish and chiselled edges. I dunno about it being analogue out to that LCD though - while there's some weird aliasing going on on that first game shown in the sky, that LCD connector on the PCB I would have assumed is a digital connector. And yeah, the price is about twice what I'd like to play for a knockabout console like this.

I like the look of this it's quirky but again I think oh yeah I have a Pandora that plays games on the go, do I need another device?

And the Pandora has a keyboard, analogue nubs and folds up to protect the screen & keyboard.

The Pandora really has seen many of these devices come and go over the years and is still ticking nicely.

Money well spent for me.

Enh, I'm burned out on GameBoy form-factor retro-gaming-puters. Its fun for a while but eventually I get tired of it.

The Pandora has life beyond being an RGP by virtue of the keyboard and pocket-ability. Mine has been awesome as a tool for playing around with python on the ride to work. I like that they tout this one as having desktop functionality, its a good angle.

Back