Release Retroarch

This is cool , but I’m a bit a noob:
Is this a multi system Emulator, so I just have to put it in my Pyra, run the DBP and chose my Roms?

Ok i dit some test run :
I mapped the Input to the Pyra Game Controlls , and i dit allready Super Nintendo and the Gameboys to work
The others need some more test, but at least SNES ^^
I wonder if the GBA Emulator Cores also got the Sound Issue i had whit Ducktabe MGBA ..

I wonder, when I want to add the nestopia core, how will this work:
Just download, put the zip in a folder, and then just running the NES Roms ?
And how well dos the vice C64 and the scummvm runs??
Maybe I have to play around a lot whit retroarch this afternoon..

Ok, so this afternoon will get used to test some more cores, (ditnt had luck whit the Sega Cores (Mastersystem, Genesis, Game Gear), and the Atari Lyncx), are there some special things to make first?? Do i need to Clock the Pyra to 1,5 ghz? I will find out..

Great release, thanks!

An annoying bug:
* Unable to download the rom databases, it says tasks failed meaning we cannot scan directories instead have to manually scan (Online Updater - Update Databases)

Last edited:
Ok i made some more tests:
Now there is the option to download cores from retroarch itself, but it’s got only until 48 % or it will load but need hours per core??
I don’t know where to put the cores from the start post, unzip in the core folder, gets an error when I try to install these from the menu..

So only GB GBC and SNES yet ..

Also a bit strange : I have a Audio Issue even whit speakers, whyle it’s fine whit pcsxrearmed as standalone dbp

Nice, I just played some games in RetroArch and as far as I could see all worked fine. I noticed though that the shoulder button Top Left (Fn) can not be used, it does not bind on its own... this might not be a retroarch issue, anyone know how to fix it?

Reactions: rSl
I wonder, when I want to add the nestopia core, how will this work:
Just download, put the zip in a folder, and then just running the NES Roms ?
And how well dos the vice C64 and the scummvm runs??
Maybe I have to play around a lot whit retroarch this afternoon..
Looking at the dbp (I was able to unpack it using 7z fwiw) it looks like inside the appdata folder for this program you need to create folders lib/libretro and inside that put .so files, so if they come as zips I'd suggest unpacking them and see if you get an .so file from them.

Reactions: rSl
Ok i will see how this works thanks..
maybe the cores you can download via retroarch can’t get download because they ditnt got ported to arm v7 hv ?
I try to make a video this weekend..

I wonder how much difference in performance in comparison to the single emulators..

Cool, and where are they put to? I made a test and put the Scumvm So from the Startpost to the Download Folder in Appdata/Retroarchseb3 and when i push "Install cores" it will showed up, but i get an error when i try to install it..

The PSX Game i tryed whit the Playstation Core was Final Fantasy VIII, and this was one of the games which dont even work on the pcsxrearmed on Pandora and on Pyra..

As I posted before, I thing they go in appdata/Retroarchsebt3/lib/libretro. They do appear to be straight zipped up .so files so unpacking it and putting it there should match the .so's supplied in the dbp so I'd expect to be recognised, unless they need extra configuration.

Looking at the retroarch.cfg in /etc/ that I unpacked, it is configured to look in /etc/libretro for it's cores. There's also a core information page pointed at /share/libretro/info but you don't seem to get those from the nightly core builds, so I'd just ignore those and hope it works.

On Windows I have those DLLs uncompressed in the "cores" directory

After updating to Bullseye, I can't get this to launch anymore. Looks like it wants to use old libs.

I don't know enough about building retroarch nor packaging for the DBP yet to fix this myself.

Yes, that's the danger. Maybe retroarch could be distributed with more libs inside the dbp, but it's hard to know what you'd need to include before time, and of course, including libs means no security patches can get to them.

Back