Retro City Rampage in real 8-Bit...

fusion_power

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
...and made for the NES with all it's limitations, very fascinating tech stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hvx4xXhZMrU?feature=oembed

Interesting how he had cut the corners even more out of the already pretty retro looking game, to get it working on an NES. If PC games these days would be made that optimized like they had to be done in the past on the limited hardware they had back then, we would have awesome performant Games, I'm sure. :)

I'm not sure if you can download the game, may be only a tech demo but the Video alrerady shows it's potential. :) And one way to play it on the Pandora, in theory of course. ^^

I saw this clip earlier today and it's way cool. This guy has wicked cool programming skills.

As for this version(rom city rampage), I believe it is being released as a part of the Wiiware version of retro city rampage(bonus DLC). Since there getting this so late, I guess it's only fair to offer an extra bonus. I've been playing this for months on the Vita, and it's a kick ass game. I would love to be able to play this on an NES emu for Pandora, but I guess that's a pipe dream. LOL Maybe one day it will get a e-shop release and then I can play it on my 3DS.

Chris

Back