Restarting The Gp2x -> Usb Network Won't Work Without Restartin

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
I don't know if i had this from the beginning but i don't think so.

My usb networking is set up correctly and works but whenever i shut down the gp2x and restart it windows doesn't find the gp2x anymore. the rndis network deveice is disabled and whenever i try to enable it it's saying that the connection has been disconnected. The only solution to this is restarting my windows xp and then it's working again. I don't believe this is a gp2x problem but rather a windows one.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers but problem stays the same. Even when using the safely remove hardware feature of windows xp it still doesn't work.

trying to delete the network interface using deveice manager doesn't work once i have restarted my gp2x, deveice manager hangs whenever i try to do this.

anyone else having this problem ? (just try to restart ure gp2x when there was a connection at first and see if the network works after the gp2x has been restarted)

are there perhaps any services i could try and restart if so which ones ?

I have the same problems, but I actually thought it was because I'm using a prototype board. Looks like some of the retail units are just as bad :(. I'm pretty certain it's not windows at fault because I was getting similar problems on my linux box.

My problems go like this -

With one usb cable my laptop refuses to detect a rndis device unless I also connect a serial cable (bit difficult on a laptop with no serial, so it's connected to another machine until I get an adapter).

A different usb cable and the alternative g_ether.o will sometimes make xp detect a rndis device. Sometimes I have to reboot the gp2x several times, and things improve a little if the laptop is running on mains power.

Sometimes rebooting the gp2x stops it ever being detected again. Sometimes it gets detected without a laptop reboot, but only if the gp2x isn't connected again for a few hours.

After a random amount of time (but never very long - around 5-10 minutes seems average) the connection will drop, xp says the device is disabled and will refuse to enable it.

Back