Replacing case how difficult is it?

Pumpytums

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

my Pandora case (silver 1Ghz) is looking a bit tired now so I was going to order a black one for a change. Is it pretty straight forward to change the casing?

I have watched ED's video and the other one, as I'm completely gutting the case would it be wiser to cut it away so I don't break the expensive LCD?

I see that the LCD cables will be in stock very soon would it be worth changing that while the case is open? I was literally going to order the new case today.

Thanks in advance

changing a case is hard (I would not do it myself again). You incur the risk of cracking the case (especially if you want to change the LCD cable) and it's pretty hard to remove the bezel around the screen. ED makes it look simple in his video but it's not as easy as it looks like. 

Hi ekianjo,

yes than bit removing the bezel looks very brutal. The other video I watched you cut the lid away. Looked less likely to destroy the screen.

Thanks

If the display cable is not inserted properly it might be damaged during use.

I've never heard of anyone damaging the LCD due to inexpert case removal.  I've heard of people damaging the LCD cable, and the connectors it plugs into, but I suspect the LCD itself is pretty safe for all but the most cack-handed.

I will give it a go.

Just ordered a new case and keyset. I have disassembled mobile phones etc to replace ribbon cables/ screens etc, So I should be okay.

Thanks for your help. I will update on the results. 

It is possible to replace the case without breaking the LCD cable, I did it some years ago. Just be really careful and try as hard as you can to not unroll the cable.

Hi everyone,

just a thought I wish I had thought about this sooner, how to remove and reapply the serial sticker and the 1GHz one? The latter one looks like it will come off fairly easily to be honest.

Any ideas I was thinking of a hair-dryer once the board is out?

Thanks

Jepp, peel it off 

did yesterday a little Mod on my CC Pandora: i swapped the bottonpart (where the Batterie Compartment is) from the Silver to the Black Case i had lying around..

wasnt that divicult, only one screw was stuck, but came out then whit a bit force..

If your Pandora is a bit older, mybe you have to put some clue on the sticker because then it should hold

Strangly, under my sticker, the Silver Case was black..
11110401_936913352995974_5760026416571098975_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemical reaction between adhesive and paint?  

Maybe the glue broke down the paint and you were seeing mostly bare plastic.

Anyone who uses the pandora Religiously should know its black under the silver :)

(as it wears away )

Strangly, under my sticker, the Silver Case was black..
It's because the silver case is the black case painted in silver :)
Anyone who uses the pandora Religiously should know its black under the silver :)

(as it wears away )
The interesting part is that it was black under the sticker, which is a place that should have been protected from even the minimal wear of the rest of the battery compartment.  That should be the last place to turn black.

Yes dis was the "Case" seems like the clue on the sticker was stronger than the cheap chinese Platin Collor.. there isnt any real platin on the Pandora sadly..

Dosnt want to sell my Pandora, so i only have to deal my self whit these things,

On one side its a realy rare collectors Item as there arent that much Pandora Units out there, but on the other side, its a Use Item which gets some stratches in daily use, for the shell its way to usefull..

Play some Traumacenter or DR Mario on the Waitingroom if you at the Doctor, or some Colin Mc Rae if your on the Rally Track,

This Thing is something, you have to put everywhere whit you..

Im now have a nother bug: my Volumewheel is a bit thig and not that easely to use at the moment, mybe because the screws are to thight??

This was realy the last Mod i made on the Pandora,

The next big thing will be to change the whole Handheld from Pandora to Pyra

Also i wants the Pyra to have the right Colour from the Begining, no Change should be made..

Whell the Platin Change was made, because my Wifi fell of some yeahrs ago, so the Pandora went to EvilDragon anyway..

What was the reasoning behind the silver case?

Personally I think it's pretty tacky looking. I'm probably going to get a black case soon.

Well, the Silver one was at this time known at a bit better in case of cracks and something, also because the Colour, the Hing was lot thigher

Also it looket lot better at this time..

But the Platin wears of some thimes, whyle the Black was the Colour of the Plastik they used to make the cases..

Mybe i wanty my Pyra to be black or blue or green, but not platin..

My new Car will be Bordeux Red which is a realy cool Colour, even if your a man..

(The Sister of my Grandpa, which was Katholic Nurse drived a Peugeot 206 in "Luziver Red"..)

Back