Remembering A Mame Game

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
I can't remember a name of a game, and I want to see if MAMEGP can play it. I remember playing it in the late 80's

The was a psuedo 3d type game where the person was walking up and things scrolled toward you. You would shoot people and helicopters and stuff. The first level was a desert level and you had to make your way to some building thing, the second level was a jungle level and an airfield.

That's all I remember. It seemed pretty graphical at the time, but if GPMAME can play Commando and Ghostbuster, i don't think it should have a problem with this game.

KickinWing posted on Mar 7 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
I can't remember a name of a game, and I want to see if MAMEGP can play it.  I remember playing it in the late 80's

The was a psuedo 3d type game where the person was walking up and things scrolled toward you.  You would shoot people and helicopters and stuff.  The first level was a desert level and you had to make your way to some building thing, the second level was a jungle level and an airfield. 

That's all I remember.  It seemed pretty graphical at the time, but if GPMAME can play Commando and Ghostbuster, i don't think it should have a problem with this game.

It wasnt Operation Wolf was it ?

Sadly that doesnt seem to work with this version of MAME, the Spectrum version of this isnt great nor is the C64. I think its on the Master System or Megadrive though ?

Might actually have been the sequel Operation Thunderbolt. Try these two out from the archive at www.worldofspectrum.org and use fzx32 just to see if these are the games you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Operation Wolf and Thunderbolt were extremely difficult games, it was one of those games that you'd stick money in in the arcade knowing full well that you weren't going to get very far in it.

KickinWing posted on Mar 7 2005 at 04:52 PM said:
it wasn't operation wolf, you controlled a guy and the view was from behind

Cabal wasn't an arcade game like that :ph34r:
forget it if it's not that game or if it have never been an arcade game as I used to play it on Amiga ;)

Maybe Rambo III?

3.gif

mmmmmm rom size 1.4 MB and gpmame limit is over 600 KB...

Rambo III maybe?

Lol, hadn't refreshed the page after your post Kraff2, i was thinking the same thing :)

it's not Rambo III but it's very similar, damn damn, i wish i could remember, but i was like 11 when i remember playing it :blink:

no, i'd remember GI Joe, i've only seen the game in 1 place ever in my life, so it might be rare, it was at a chuckycheese type deal in Decature Illinois.

God, all i remember is walking up, and this building in the desert level would keep getting bigger until you reached it. There were parts where there were people up in towers and you shoot them with a bazooka., the people that came up from behind were impossible to kill.

KickinWing posted on Mar 7 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
I can't remember a name of a game, and I want to see if MAMEGP can play it. I remember playing it in the late 80's

The was a psuedo 3d type game where the person was walking up and things scrolled toward you. You would shoot people and helicopters and stuff. The first level was a desert level and you had to make your way to some building thing, the second level was a jungle level and an airfield.

That's all I remember. It seemed pretty graphical at the time, but if GPMAME can play Commando and Ghostbuster, i don't think it should have a problem with this game.
It's obvious guy:

Devastators

vDevastators.png

X-D

Un Saludo.
:)

Attachments

• vDevastators.png
    vDevastators.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 167
Back