Beta Reign Of Brains Demo

emil10001

I have ported my zombie game demo, Reign of Brains, to the Pandora. (Download)

The right nub should be set as the mouse, and you should overclock to as much as your cpu can handle. You need WizardStan's java (THANK YOU WIZARDSTAN!!!!). Then to run, just click on it (as it is now a pnd). B)

If there is some interest in this, I will look into optimizing it to make it run better. If there is an artist out there who wants to help out, I would really like to add some more levels. Without an artist, I'm not really sure how much I could do on my own. There was originally someone who did most of the backgrounds for me, I did all the character art, and item art. I am not very good at the graphics work though. I don't have a ton of time, but I will make some if there is enough interest.

Video:

Update: I have updated the game, and it now runs at full-speed with the pandora at 500MHz. It takes forever to load, but once it does, it runs just fine. I have some ideas for increasing the load times, and I'm pretty sure that full-screen should not be an issue. But, I have to find time for that. For those interested, I didn't actually need to do much to speed this up. I had a constant called 'MOVE_SIZE' that determined how many pixels to move stuff after each update. I changed that one variable and it now runs just fine on the pandora.

I still plan on tackling other issues in the coming weeks. If there are any artists out there who want to pitch in, I have some story ideas and lots of level ideas that I would love to do. But, I hate doing the art stuff myself, and if left to my own devices, I would probably end up just rewriting what I have currently, to make the code more pretty. Adding levels is very easy, all it takes is some new graphics.

Sound is another issue, but I'm not sure how much of a priority it should be. I might be able to get my brother to produce some original music, if there is enough interest in getting that added. If not, the current sound code is non-functional, and when it does work, causes huge memory leaks.

Update 2: I have been able to cut down the initial load time to about 30 seconds. I think that's pretty good. Also, this is now a pnd!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really nice but I gather from the other forum that theres some work required to get it upto speed. I hope you get there though and that others help to build more levels and such, as it would be nice to get some zombie killing on the move! Seasons greetings :)

Chaser said:
Looks really nice but I gather from the other forum that theres some work required to get it upto speed. I hope you get there though and that others help to build more levels and such, as it would be nice to get some zombie killing on the move! Seasons greetings :)

Thanks for the reply! The game is up to speed now, it was literally a 10 second fix! I'm sure that by the time all the first-order's have their pandoras I'll find enough time to produce some more levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good you have found to speed up the game. I will try for sure when my Pandora arrive..... :)

Added source to github: http://github.com/emil10001/ReignOfBrains_Pandora

Back