[recommended] Best games on MSX

Re: Guardic - So it's a prequel to Guardian Legend? Nice. I guess it's a shooter only though right?

Yup yup, you just fly to new levels. It's not a moving shooter though, each level is only one screen size large. But the fun part is that you get to customize your weapons a lot.

Kung Fu

Yie_Ar_Kung_Fu_%28MSX2%29.png

Rambo

rambo-videogames-20080602033209191.jpg

Castle

msx_0004_10.png

F1 Spirit

f1spirit.gif

Konami Soccer

msx-soccer.gif

Konami Track and Field

0.jpg

Salamander

Salamander_MSX.png

Thats all I can think of right now

^ You've got an anti-hotlinking message displaying among your images, there. It's considered poor form (as well as bandwidth theft) to link to images that other people are hosting, so you might want to save the screenshots to your computer, and then re-host them on a free-to-use image host such as imgur or Photobucket. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Kung Fu! Wasn't there also the guy with the long ponytail?

Rambo I've also played. And F1 spirit of course. Can't wait till I can give them a spin again. :)

Must be around 25 years ago I played those games, wonder if they still have the same appeal.

I still have my MSX with all my games, they're in a box in a cupboard though and i'm too lazy to take it out and check and see what cool games i had. I'm sure i got pictures of my games somewhere though will take a look and see.

I'dd really look forward to play metal gear2 on the MSX2, the first was great, and the second is told to be better...

Metal gear used to frustrate me a lot and still does! The alarm sound haunts me in my sleep lol

The only one. Have you checked the Pandora Wiki?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know this game for the MSX?

You control this sprite on a spring or something(reminds me of those toys with a suction cup that you push down and they spring up after a few seconds) and moved around really fast,going into teleporters and such it was kinda Sonic for the MSX.

You control this sprite on a spring or something(reminds me of those toys with a suction cup that you push down and they spring up after a few seconds) and moved around really fast,going into teleporters and such it was kinda Sonic for the MSX.

Sounds like thing on a spring to me except that isn't very sonic like IMHO :)

Sounds like thing on a spring to me except that isn't very sonic like IMHO :)

Did a search 'thing on a spring' on Youtube this seems to be a sequel

https://www.youtube.com/embed/v2S6YhcBREA?feature=oembed

Maybe more like Sonic than the first.Thanks anyway.

Back