Random Questions Not Covered By Faq

Vince2501

Flash Player 9: Could this happen?

I've got my 8 GIG SD in my Pandora, I just remember I've forgotten to load X rom on the SD. Can I go randomromsite.net/org/y://com through the wifi on the Pandora and download the file directly onto the SD through the console?

Kaillera support? Could we connect to users that are not on Pandora, granted that they have the same rom being utilized in whatever emulator that supports Kaillera, but I remain curious.

As has been discussed elsewhere on these forums, yes, Flash Player 9 is a possibility for the Pandora.

I can't think of a very good reason that you wouldn't be able to save a download directly to an SD card.

Someone else will have to answer your question about Kaillera, I know nothing of the protocol or what devices it is used on.

Vince2501 said:
Flash Player 9: Could this happen?

I've got my 8 GIG SD in my Pandora, I just remember I've forgotten to load X rom on the SD. Can I go randomromsite.net/org/y://com through the wifi on the Pandora and download the file directly onto the SD through the console?

Kaillera support? Could we connect to users that are not on Pandora, granted that they have the same rom being utilized in whatever emulator that supports Kaillera, but I remain curious.
The short answer is "yes" to all three. Flash and Kaillera support are certainly possible, but Flash needs to be ported and Kaillera needs to be built into the individual emulators. Downloading an moving a file is a no-brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I'll use this thread to ask for something that I've noticed in new images of the Pandora's case.

I've noticed that headphones output is in front of case, but even having a micro input jack it's not in front. I think could be a good idea to have both near, because of use of headphones with micro, as for VoIP.

What do you think?

rasczak said:
Hi. I'll use this thread to ask for something that I've noticed in new images of the Pandora's case.

I've noticed that headphones output is in front of case, but even having a micro input jack it's not in front. I think could be a good idea to have both near, because of use of headphones with micro, as for VoIP.

What do you think?
I have a feeling it's too late to change that - the layout of the ports is determined by the layout of their respective components on the PCB, and I'm pretty sure the PCB is mostly finalized. They wouldn't make that big of a change this late in the development process.

Vorporeal said:
rasczak said:

What do you think?
I have a feeling it's too late to change that - the layout of the ports is determined by the layout of their respective components on the PCB, and I'm pretty sure the PCB is mostly finalized. They wouldn't make that big of a change this late in the development process.

What a pity. Well, I'll use a larger wire for micro jack.

How many applications can we run at once?

Let's say: an MP3, Web browsing, and GPS at the same time.

Vince2501 said:
How many applications can we run at once?

Let's say: an MP3, Web browsing, and GPS at the same time.

The system has 128mb of RAM. The number of concurrent programs you can run depend on how much of that amount they each take up.

Vince2501 said:
On another note: Can game made under Game Maker be ported?
No. From the Game Maker site:

The maker part is heavily based on the Windows API. This makes it rather difficult to port it to a different platform. The runner part is based on DirectX (version 8.0 at the moment to keep it compatible with most older computers). Again, this makes it difficult to port it to other platforms. Don't expect versions that can make games for e.g. hand-held devices because of the many incomptibilities.

jbr said:
I don't think so, but what about under wine? Will wine work?
No. Wine Is Not an Emulator. Wine is a compatibility layer that only works on x86 CPUs.

Shame. I believe there's an arm port of QEMU (sloooow, I know), so could we still get, say, ReactOS loaded on QEMU playing a few Windows programs slowly and with low compatibility? It'd be fun to try, anyway... I never could get that arm-QEMU to work on Windows Mobile...

Back