Ram Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
:D  Since we all like polls right? And since I've seen massive debates raging on in the actual specs thread... lets just move that over to here. So vote, rage at each other, and bicker about ram!

Now my opinion. I'm content with 2gbs of ram, but I do understand how people would/could/ do need more. So I'm very neutral to all of this regardless of what happens.

But my opinion isn't the only one so its up to a vote!

So pick what you want! and feel free to debate! :lol:  Since we all know this forum likes its debates.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I want 4GB but 2GB is actually enough for me because people told me so.

EDIT: Huh why do we have two polls?

What we need before answering the poll questions is a proper understanding of the err, ramifications, of the various sizes of Ram in terms of unit cost / battery use.

2GB being cheaper and slightly more efficient in terms of power usage makes it probably the best choice. 4GB would also be good, You wouldn't need more than 2GB for most things but you could do things like make a ramdisk on the free space for super fast loading in disc-based games (I think, not sure what the speed difference would be vs SD-card). either would be fine for me really.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have 2 x 2gb... 2gb permanently on, the other 2gb activated by a hardware switch under the battery.

Personally I want the 4gb, but am unlikely to use more than 2gb most of the time.

I want 4GB but 2GB is actually enough for me because people told me so.

EDIT: Huh why do we have two polls?

Because my computer freaking glitches. I accidentally was typing up this one... the computer went back to the home page. I came back and typed up another one. I would REALLLY like the mods to delete this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back