Ragnarok Online

Faust

Very Active Member
Hi,

I saw people who were wondering if Ragnarok Online could run on the Pyra, but without any answer. I'm asking for all of us, as I'm interested too. ^_^

Is the Source code available?

- Yes: Maybe.

- No: 95% Impossible.

RO is itself closed source but there are open source reimplementations of the client, including an HTML5 one. I haven't done any research into how good these reimplementations are, but if they're playable then it's possible.

At least the HTML5 client, the C implementation would need someone to port it.

Does RO even exist anymore? I played that the last time 10 Years ago and actualy, I found it one of the most boring, grinding and unmotivating Online Games ever. It didn't even had real quests, all you did was grinding and sometimes clashing with other guilds. I still wonder why asian MMO games still have such a huge fanbase. it seems "fun" is not a factor for playing these games.

I don't know if the official servers still exist, I never played on there. I played on home-spun servers where the experience growth was somewhere around 10 times the official so you never felt like you were grinding in one spot too long

I have a build of OtherLife on the Pandora, that is semi-working. I guess this is close to RO (and maybe I'll try to finish the port one day).

otherlife1.png

I have a build of OtherLife on the Pandora, that is semi-working. I guess this is close to RO (and maybe I'll try to finish the port one day).
I might have a couple requests for Pyra MMO ports, although I am nearly sure at least one is impossible.

Tu fais un boulot énorme PtitSeb! En fait ma question tourne vraiment autour de Ragnarok Online, j'ai grandi avec ce jeu et je voulais juste avoir un avis sur la faisabilité d'y jouer sur Pandora ou Pyra. Un avis là dessus ? Ça serait génial sur Pyra, j'imagine déjà !

Tu fais un boulot énorme PtitSeb! En fait ma question tourne vraiment autour de Ragnarok Online, j'ai grandi avec ce jeu et je voulais juste avoir un avis sur la faisabilité d'y jouer sur Pandora ou Pyra. Un avis là dessus ? Ça serait génial sur Pyra, j'imagine déjà !
Heu je ne sais pas, j'ai pas du tout regardé les sources disponible. Je jetterais un coup d'oeil à l'occasion pour me faire une idée.

RO would be great. I've not played it but I do know it's very highly regarded.

I did post a browser based MMO list for Pandora here a few years ago. I would expect a lot of the failed MMOs on the list to run on the Pyra. There are certainly several there I'd like to revisit :) Here's a link for anyone interested.

Browser MMOs

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragnarok online cross platform solution called roBrowser, You still need the data of your chosen server, you have to follow several steps:

http://www.robrowser.com/getting-started

It's open source, so the source code is available here:

https://github.com/vthibault/roBrowser/

Maybe someday we'll be able to play Ragnarok online on Pandora and Pyra through this software. But it's not fully working yet.

YouTube video :

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back