QuickStart Guide, supplemented with the OS.

porg

As of SuperZaxxon Final, published 2012-07, a "QuickStart Guide" is supplemented with the OS.

This thread is for reporting typos or content errors and for suggesting topical additions.

QuickStart Guide of SuperZaxxon Final 2012-07-03

It is very fine, especially for newcomers, that a this is now supplemented with the OS!

1) The Quickstart is shown on the XFCE desktop only. It should also appear in MiniMenu, as some newcomers may not even use XFCE, and will therefore not discover the Quickstart Guide. Should be in the "All" tab, and on the first boot into MiniMenu, the focus shall already be there, so that you cannot even miss it as a newcomer.

2) The Introduction uses the term "game" generically for PND.

--> I'd prefer a more general term such as "application", "app", "program". Or introduce the term PND shorty, to already establish it with the newcomers.

P.6) So the first thing you should do on a freshly formatted SD Card is to created a directory …

--> "to create"

P.9) […] Please check the documentation of these games for more information (can be found in the Startmenu under "Documentation") […]

--> (can be found in the XFCE Startmenu under "Documentation", or in Minimenu by selecting the game and pressing Y, (as in 'Why?'))

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear maintainer of the QuickStart Guide, ED I guess, please acknowledge, that you read my corrections. Thanks.

Back