Quick Hl2 Question

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Just bought HalfLife2, and i see there is all this weird "steam subscription" stuff. Simply put, does this mean that I can't run the game on more than one computer?

Told you it was quick...

Cheers.

I think that once u register it with steam on one computer, u'll have to register it again on another. Dont quote me on this but thats wat i believe u have to do. If its a password and id set up with steam, then u'll only have to do it the one time. I had half life 2 on xbox so i cant really speak of how to sort this. Great game though. 'Twas the last game i finished before my xbox died on me.

you can log on to your steam account from any pc in the world and download/play the agmes you bought.
Great, isn't it?

oh, but you cant use it on more then one pc at the same time, the other account will get logged out.

Vimacs posted on Dec 23 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
you can log on to your steam account from any pc in the world and download/play the agmes you bought.
Great, isn't it?

oh, but you cant use it on more then one pc at the same time, the other account will get logged out.
That's pretty cool. Do you have to be online to play the games? Methinks I might pick up half life when I find it in my nearest bargain bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn right. They do a HL2 Holidays pack, which is HL2, HLSource and HL:Episode 1, for £30, but I bought the HL2 Game of the year pack, for £20 which is HL2, HLSource, Counterstrike Source, HL2 Deathmatch, HL Deathmatch Source, and HL2 Lost Coast. It's fabbo, but the main game has a touch of slowdown on my Radeon 9600.

Goity posted on Dec 23 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Dec 23 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
Great, isn't it?

That's pretty cool. Do you have to be online to play the games? Methinks I might pick up half life when I find it in my nearest bargain bin.
You can play them offline too, but you first have to unlock the offline mode by playing online for a while, and it tends to be disabled at random times and you have to reenable it. Steam sucks.

Ravnos posted on Dec 24 2006 at 01:25 AM said:
The XBox version doesn't have any of that Steam bullshit. :)

yea but the Xbox version is no way near as good in my opinion (Graphics wise) :p

Yeh. The textures in the xbox version are terrible on the uniforms of the characters and for the scenery. Bit slow at bits and too much loading in between parts which screwed up the gameplay for me.

Can't I just install it onto as many pc's as i want via the DVD?

Yes but you still need to activate each installation via Steam online, and then keep the DVD in the drive while you play. You can probably find a no-dvd patch online though.

Back