Questions About The Wiz

Website
Visit site
Do you think that the wiz will have the same power source as the gp2x, I bought a power source at radio shack and am wondering if I might have to buy another one. Also, will the tv out cord work the same as gp2x?(is there any need for a power source now?)

any thoughts?
If this is in the wrong forum, my apologies

Because the Wiz is using a built-in battery, I'm about 99% sure that they will include their own adapter. :)

PlopperZ said:
Because the Wiz is using a built-in battery, I'm about 99% sure that they will include their own adapter. :)
They include a USB to Samsung style charge cable.

EvilDragon says that it will charge off of a Samsung cellphone charger (I am not sure which ones, but the USB should be plenty until we know more about the phone chargers.)

So it doesn't really come with a charger as far as I know, but if you have access to a USB outlet it should charge fine with the included cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie said:
PlopperZ said:

EvilDragon says that it will charge off of a Samsung cellphone charger (I am not sure which ones, but the USB should be plenty until we know more about the phone chargers.)

So it doesn't really come with a charger as far as I know, but if you have access to a USB outlet it should charge fine with the included cable.

I was hoping it was gonna be a yes on the same charger since I could really use one for my gp2x. Oh well.

You cannot load the batteries in a GP2X, you can only externally power it.
The WIZ, however, features a builtin battery (standard type, so easy to replace or get spare parts) and a plug that almost all Samsung mobile phones have. Thus, you get 3rd party cables for power plug as well as USB ports cheaply.
Good choice IMO.

Well, actually, it MIGHT have TV Out.
GPH were looking into it but ran into a problem using it correctly.
It should still be on the EXT port though, and if they (or one of the devs here) manage to fix that problem (a scaling problem), it should work.

Is last Dpad that has been left on console represented by 4, 8 or 9(legacy stick click) buttons in software?

KungPhoo said:
it's 4 buttons IIRC.
According to the Wiz brochure, it's 8:

8 direction keys --- Supports 8 directions including up/down, left/right and diagonal directions

It is indeed 8. If you press a diagonal, it appears as a diagonal not as a combination of presses.

geo12 said:
Just like one came with the cradle since it needs to be plugged in to work. ;)
My cradle works without power pluggd in very well. Maybe yours is damaged or you are just tryin gto flame GPH?

nubie said:
PlopperZ said:

We'll see. My Sony-Ericsson phoneS doesn't charge fully over USB. The chargin gstops at 84%. this happens wiht my W800i and P1i. I hope there won't be such a problem with the Wiz (some have a samsung phone?)

Will OpenGL ES API on Wiz be through SDL? Or it will be stand-alone header?

OpenGL-ES mush have a real "window", whereas SDL has a "colour buffer". You would have to make a SDL version, that uses OpenGL-ES to mix both. I'm not aware of a SDL version that does, though.

Back