Questions About The Pandora Console

roelvvv

Still Fresh
hey guys i got some questions about this console:

1.Do I need to be good at running scripts and homebrewing?Or can everyone use this thingy?
2.How much does it costs?
3.Can it be delivered in The Netherlands too?(The Netherlands is in europe).
4.Are the graphics better than the psp and are there also games like call of duty?
5.Can i wifi on it?
6.Is it worth it's money?
7.Where to order it?

Thanks guys :)

roelvvv said:
1.Do I need to be good at running scripts and homebrewing?Or can everyone use this thingy?
You need to be able to create a directory and be able to copy a file into that directory. That's it. If you can do this, you will have no problem with most applications.

roelvvv said:
I think the latest batch is going for 350USD, or 220GBP

roelvvv said:
I seem to recall someone else from the Netherlands, so yes!

roelvvv said:
4.Are the graphics better than the psp and are there also games like call of duty?
Theoretically speaking, the Pandora is capable of graphics better than the PSP. All three Quake games have been ported, is that enough like Call of Duty?

roelvvv said:
5.Can i wifi on it?
Yup. Built in wifi, or you can use a USB 3G modem.

roelvvv said:
It is for me.

roelvvv said:
7.Where to order it?
Send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com, they'll tell you what to do next. They're frequently backed up with emails, so it may take a couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
roelvvv said:
You need to be able to create a directory and be able to copy a file into that directory. That's it. If you can do this, you will have no problem with most applications.

roelvvv said:
I think the latest batch is going for 350USD, or 220GBP

roelvvv said:
I seem to recall someone else from the Netherlands, so yes!

roelvvv said:
Theoretically speaking, the Pandora is capable of graphics better than the PSP. All three Quake games have been ported, is that enough like Call of Duty?

roelvvv said:
5.Can i wifi on it?
Yup. Built in wifi, or you can use a USB 3G modem.

roelvvv said:
It is for me.

roelvvv said:
7.Where to order it?
Send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com, they'll tell you what to do next. They're frequently backed up with emails, so it may take a couple of days.

Thanks for your reply it can run call of duty i already saw that but it's a linux OS so i wonder if there are even games like call of duty for the pandora.

What is a game "like Call of Duty"?
If you mean first person shooters, then yes, like I said, it plays all three Quake games, and no doubt other open source shooters will be ported eventually.

Hello and welcome! :)

This section is reserved for Pandora owners who are seeking assistance, so I'll move this to "General Talk [Pandora]" when I finish writing this reply. :p

roelvvv said:
You don't need to be good at that, no. Even in this early state it's quite easy to use if you have common sense. :) That said, at this time it is quite a hobbyist type of machine.

I *think* that the current price is $339 US Dollars. If memory serves, the price is primarily given in US Dollars because that's the currency that the team buys the parts in.

As far as I'm aware, yes.

I'm afraid I can't answer all of this one - I don't care about graphics very much at all. However, regarding games like Call of Duty: If you want big-brand commercial releases, you probably won't find them here.

5.Can i wifi on it?
Yes. You can also hook up a Linux-compatible 3G modem and use 3G for internet browsing, if you have 3G mobile telephone providers providing coverage in your location.

This is a very subjective question. However, to share my own point of view, for what I want out of it, I am finding that it's worth much more than I paid!

7.Where to order it?
You currently need to send an e-mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com to let them know that you are interested in ordering. They will then walk you through the rest of the process. Bear in mind that the current orders are actually pre-orders, and whilst the team hopes to start delivering units from Batch 2 around October, there is the chance that things may go wrong and cause delays in this.

That said, before diving in and ordering, since you're new here I would *strongly* recommend having a read around the other sections of the Pandora area of these forums, as well as the PandoraWiki, in order to get a feel for what the machine really is and what it can offer you. ;)

I hope this helps. And, again, welcome to the forum. :)

EDIT: Looks like I got ninja'd by Stan. You wily wizard! :ph34r:

ah i guess this is not something for me i was looking at the handhelds and then i saw that pandora thingy.
So then i was wondering if it could run gta and call of duty because i'm looking for a gaming console but not a psp..
I saw this thing then i saw there were not many games for it most of them were arcade which I don't like.

Thamk you for your answeres anyways.

Thankyou for doing your research and asking sensible questions. :) It is greatly appreciated.

All too often we get folks who come in, find that it's not for them, and then start ranting and raving as though the machine has no right to exist at all just because it's different to their own tastes. I'm glad to see that you didn't do that.

he didnt even make comments on how the pandora should be changed.....not even, IT HAS NO PHONES CAPABILITY! why cant they all be like that?

Pleng said:
You sure? 279GBP isn't even close to 350USD in exchange rate. Did you mean 279EUR? Or perhaps you already added VAT?

edit: fix quote tags

Now the TC has me curious why they want a system that runs PSP games, but not a PSP.

WizardStan said:
Pleng said:
You sure? 279GBP isn't even close to 350USD in exchange rate. Did you mean 279EUR? Or perhaps you already added VAT?

edit: fix quote tags

Pretty sure, that's what it says on my invoice.

Of course, VAT will already be included in that price. I doubt there's anybody here likely to be claiming VAT back on their Pandora. :)

Pleng said:
Of course, VAT will already be included in that price. I doubt there's anybody here likely to be claiming VAT back on their Pandora. :)
I paid in GBP but I didn't have to pay VAT. It comes with not living in the UK. :p

roelvvv said:
hey guys i got some questions about this console:

5.Can i wifi on it?
7.Where to order it?

Thanks guys :)

As most of the questions are already awnsered...

3: Yeah, it can......Ja natuurlijk kan dat gewoon. Ik heb hem al een aantal maanden in bezit. Geen enkel probleem.

5: Hell yeah it's worths the money!!!!

7: Just send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com

It will take a while to get one!

EDIT....Saw his last post. He'll probably get a PSP instead.

Korlithiel said:
Now the TC has me curious why they want a system that runs PSP games, but not a PSP.
You misread: They want a portable console that plays commercial games but isn't a PSP. Most likely, the NDS doesn't apply because the OP is looking for high-quality graphics.

Of course the Nintendo 3DS might very well be what they want.

Well , The PSP is shit compared to the pandora in terms of emulation XD , but in terms of new original games....the PSP wins -__-

Back