Question About Pandora

kuehnau

Still Fresh
I am starting to look at Pandora as like, the final choice of hardware for portable emulation. Being able to carry such a huge library of games would be fantastic. The other parts of the Pandora look great too, but I am in this only for the gaming aspect.

From previous topics and posts, it was slightly suggested that some people may be worried about even getting a Pandora if they don't get in on the first pre-order. I don't like to pre-order. Especially stuff like this. I like to wait awhile and then see how it goes, at the same time I am worried that if I don't get in on the first batch, I may never get my chance to own one.

Are my worries at all legit?

I believe Craig said that he had to order enough Pandoras for at least another batch, and maybe more after that. You shouldn't have to worry about not getting one. Everyone who wants a Pandora will get one (of course, they have to pay for it). Once the first batch is out I'm sure that you'll be able to read plenty of reviews to give yourself an idea.

I look at it this way:

If it does so poorly that they don't want to make any more batches, the first batch is going to take a long time to sell anyway.

If the first batch sells out immediately, then it makes sense to make another batch.

If it ends up being somewhere in between, I think they'll probably still make another batch, hoping that the word has spread enough to create some increased sales.

So I'm not really worried at all. :)

Seeing how they'll plan to make more then 3000 units upon selling out, then no your worries don't seem to be all that legit as far as getting one period goes. However it does bring up a question that was lingering in my head - question being what would the turn around time be after the 3000th unit is sold & creating a new batch to continue selling? Will they start cranking out another 3000 after the first lot of Pandoras is almost sold out? Or will there be a slight delay of X days/weeks?

kuehnau said:
I am starting to look at Pandora as like, the final choice of hardware for portable emulation. Being able to carry such a huge library of games would be fantastic. The other parts of the Pandora look great too, but I am in this only for the gaming aspect.

From previous topics and posts, it was slightly suggested that some people may be worried about even getting a Pandora if they don't get in on the first pre-order. I don't like to pre-order. Especially stuff like this. I like to wait awhile and then see how it goes, at the same time I am worried that if I don't get in on the first batch, I may never get my chance to own one.

Are my worries at all legit?
If there is no second batch you might not want one (after all, where would the software come from if nobody has one?)

If you want one pre-order, if not don't. If you pre-order it you can probably sell it again without losing too much money ($10-20, 5-10 Euros)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back