Question About Order Shipping

Elanzer

This is something I haven't seen on the forums yet, but what is the shipping route plan for Pandora units for each respective area?

Assuming they are all being assembled and tested in one area (Europe?), will they first be shipped to a designated Pandora distributor in mass (ie: north american distributor) and then shipped to it's destination within that distributor's range, or will they be going directly from Europe to the preorder addresses?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Elanzer' said:
This is something I haven't seen on the forums yet, but what is the shipping route plan for Pandora units for each respective area?

Assuming they are all being assembled and tested in one area (Europe?), will they first be shipped to a designated Pandora distributor in mass (ie: north american distributor) and then shipped to it's destination within that distributor's range, or will they be going directly from Europe to the preorder addresses?
Europe, straight to us. It's cheaper, until they get enough flowing that they can ship x000 of them to a distributor.

I somehow recall mention that North American ones would go to MWeston first, who would then ship them out to their final destinations. I may have dreamed it, however.

I thought they were being manufactured in North America? Shipping USA units to MWeston would make more sense than shipping them all to the UK to be shipped back individually, I'd have thought.

@Monk, maybe just the boards are being manufactured in the US? I can also see how doing what you are suggesting would add some fairly large logistical nightmares to the operation.

The plan as of a few months ago when I asked: The whole thing is being made in the USA, then getting shipped to the UK for final distribution. I know it seems silly to ship units from the US to UK that will eventually be shipped back to customers, but it is legally required for tax purposes.

'Chip' said:
The plan as of a few months ago when I asked: The whole thing is being made in the USA, then getting shipped to the UK for final distribution. I know it seems silly to ship units from the US to UK that will eventually be shipped back to customers, but it is legally required for tax purposes.
That's a shame, but I suppose that is cheaper than dealing with the legal problems from skirting the laws.

Isn't "skirting the laws" the very definition of "for TAX purposes"?

;)

That's a lotta shippin'

I just hope the risk of damage is minimal, I mean the danger is high the more these things move around, so are there any special preparations being taken to ensure they're protected?

they need to give everyone in europe their pandora first. sounds like a good idea to me :) and yeah, i hope they'l ship the pandora with loads of bubble wrap...post guys dont care about packages.

They already said they're shipping in batches of ~400 by order priority :^)

I'm not worried about shipping, the Pandora is said to be bullet-resistant up to 30 meters.. or 10,000 feet, whichever comes first.
Or... hm.

Back