Quake

dc240969

Still Fresh
Im a bit thick l think. lve got Quake up and running on my GP2X , as far as the menu. After that l can only switch between menu and console. Does quake run as is on GP2X or does it have to played through cradle, tv and usb mouse?? Yeah, lm thick.

Have you tried clicking with stick click? when i first put quake on my 2x the only way to navigate through the menu was by using that....
also, have you got pak0.pak/pak1.pak in the 'id' folder? you may need to download the shareware quake .pak file

Aaron.

dc240969 said:
oh yeah lm definetly thick. Stick click ? l didnt mention its a F200
In that case, I`m pretty sure that Quake is a no go for you (being an F200 owner). I`m also pretty sure there isn`t a work-a-round for you unlucky (click stick less) F200 owners.

Btw, As for the `Stick click ?`. Think of a playstation, Dreamcast, Xbox analogue joystick, If you were to push the stick down in the centre, While the stick was in the central position, It would produce a click sound (The Stick click). The GP2x F100 has a similar stick to that (But it`s Digital, Not analogue).

The F200 on the other hand does not have a stick, But a sort of D-pad, Which doesn`t allow for a centre click because of the four seperate buttons. I think there was talk of possibly accommodating the centre click in the F200, By way of pressing all four D-pad buttons at the same time, But i`m not sure how far that got.

As far as i know, There is a way round this, I seem to recall someone mentioning that it was possible to load a saved game from the PC version, That was saved after the point that the click stick was needed, And were able to continue the game on the F200.

The last point above could be complete crap, As the old grey matter is not retaining information as good as it use to, But it could be worth a try.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
dc240969 said:
oh yeah lm definetly thick. Stick click ? l didnt mention its a F200
In that case, I`m pretty sure that Quake is a no go for you (being an F200 owner). I`m also pretty sure there isn`t a work-a-round for you unlucky (click stick less) F200 owners.

Btw, As for the `Stick click ?`. Think of a playstation, Dreamcast, Xbox analogue joystick, If you were to push the stick down in the centre, While the stick was in the central position, It would produce a click sound (The Stick click). The GP2x F100 has a similar stick to that (But it`s Digital, Not analogue).

The F200 on the other hand does not have a stick, But a sort of D-pad, Which doesn`t allow for a centre click because of the four seperate buttons. I think there was talk of possibly accommodating the centre click in the F200, By way of pressing all four D-pad buttons at the same time, But i`m not sure how far that got.

As far as i know, There is a way round this, I seem to recall someone mentioning that it was possible to load a saved game from the PC version, That was saved after the point that the click stick was needed, And were able to continue the game on the F200.

The last point above could be complete crap, As the old grey matter is not retaining information as good as it use to, But it could be worth a try.

Trooper

l was thinkinh prtetty much the same thing. No stick click to be had on my F200. A well, will have to stick with the PSP vesion. l may try the saved game method. Will post back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the newest Quake from the gp2x archive or from the author's site - the stick click is no longer needed, you can do all the navigation with Start and B.

Back