Quake´s with mouse?

NESnero

Just wondering how I can get the quake games and other fps´s to work with the mouse when I plug one in? The games seem to stay with the nubs, even when the nubs are set to joystick in the settings menu....

A good question. As ports like Quake III really show off what the Pandora can do... It seems silly that the controls are locked down like they are. You should be able to show off your versatile control options as well as the fancy graphics.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

As a topic it's been brought up many times, but since the original ports of the Quake series, no real updates have been forthcoming... :(

As a topic it's been brought up many times, but since the original ports of the Quake series, no real updates have been forthcoming...

It seems somewhat apparent that the original porter of the Quake series has lost interest. Thus what we really need is a fresh Dev to port them all over again... Any takers?

ive had a quick play about with this earlier for 5 minutes with a couple of wireless mouses but didnt have much luck. personally i prefer the nubs on all 3 quakes anyway so it doesnt affect me. Good luck though, if anyone gets it working a post would be nice for the less technical users out there like myself.

ive had a quick play about with this earlier for 5 minutes with a couple of wireless mouses but didnt have much luck. personally i prefer the nubs on all 3 quakes anyway so it doesnt affect me. Good luck though, if anyone gets it working a post would be nice for the less technical users out there like myself.
I too prefer the Pandora's nubs for the quakes games. They just seem to fit right.

As do the mupen64 games.

Last edited:
I too prefer the Pandora's nubs for the quakes games. They just seem to fit right.

As do the mupen64 games.

I guess I've never had the opportunity to experience this as my right nub was faulty ... Making the games utterly unplayable for me. My Pandora is currently in RMA land. Still, I think the option of configuring your controls should be mandatory. And a FPS without mouse support is downright blasphemous in my humble opinion... Realy.. honestly... After all, isn't the intention of the Pandora to prove that you don't need a laptop? We need mouse support damnit! *rant*

As do the mupen64 games.

I guess I've never had the opportunity to experience this as my right nub was faulty ... Making the games utterly unplayable for me. My Pandora is currently in RMA land. Still, I think the option of configuring your controls should be mandatory. And a FPS without mouse support is downright blasphemous in my humble opinion... Realy.. honestly... After all, isn't the intention of the Pandora to prove that you don't need a laptop? We need mouse support damnit! *rant*

I just think the right nub more than suffices as a mouse with those games... IMHO ;) .

Last edited:
zquake should just work as is since it uses SDL for controls.

all of the others can use additional device with command line flags/cvars. Quake 1 uses -usbk <event#> and -usbm <event#>. Quake 2 and 3 use cvar's usbk and usbm.

Taking a brief look at the code i think it should spit out all of the event devices detected and thier index number, so this info should be in the log file.

The nubs don't even work for zquake. I just see a flickering mouse cursor when I use them.

? work ok for me, i have however swapped my nubs around so the right nub is the scrole and the left nub is the r/l clicks that might help?

Nubs work fine for me on all Quakes, Quake III has some issues with the left nub.. just got to know never to use it or your controls go wonky.

yer for an un know reason (or it was unknown when i was searching for control configs ages ago) the left nub wont work with quake 3 at all it will cause you to go into a uncontrolable spin. if you change the controls so the left nub is not used and set it up to move forward and back with the right nub to aim. set it u like this and it all works cushty.

Again my memory is god awful but i believe someone (may bave been blue protoman? dont quote me on that) made some defult config files for the quake controls that you could cut and paste into the quake folder and everything was pretty good to go.

( also dont read this and send blue protoman a bunch of PM's as that info might be incorrect)

Back