Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

How this ? Is this non working one for mesering of the Case Moulding Test to see if everything fits?

I thought for some a short time, you dotnt have any working prototypes and was a bit courious.. but you dotnt need working Prototyphe for the Tests..

Will you take a Set of Cases whit you back, and then do a Assemply Video where you build whit Final Parts a Pyra ?

Do you have at least a Pandora whit you?

I used all the working prototype PCBs I had for the prototypes I've shipped, so I don't have any left for myself.
I only have the new ones ready but haven't tested any of them yet.

I only need it for physical testing, yes.

I don't think I'll take full sets with me as not all parts are used before I leave.
In just needed to do some final checks and tweaks before they're being produced in masses.

And embedded directly:
EQf7qCaXYAAE_Ia

Looks like battery covers and LCD frames. As long as overall dimensions and screw hole locations are correct, those should be pretty easy to get right. Its the bottom plastics the need to interface with the peripheral board, but hopefully the work to fettle all of that into position is mostly if not all done too.

Re Matty's iphone camera question, it should be possible to link your iphone to your Pyra using bluetooth I'd have thought, although to be fair I don't know iOS from a baked potato so I don't know how that works. That would enable to photo to get from your iPhone to your Pyra, where you're presumably freer to do what you want with it (like using exiv2 to remove geotagging from the photo)

Or I just send myself the Picture as Email or deactivate my Picasa Page I have whit my Google Acount ,
And if I remember correctly, you can put your Iphone via Cable on a PC and Browse the Pictures..

II every day Carry 2 Lightning USB Cables, so I think I will try out the best solution..

I wonder what this Picture shows..

Whit best regards, Matthias

You could email it to yourself, but assuming you can't easily encrypt it on an iphone, that's all your metadata going out to someone at least in the clear. Cabling up your iphone to your pyra should might work as well, but I don't know how well linux supports whatever usb devices the iPhone exposes, and I can imagine situations where cabling up and holding on to two devices isn't ideal (I guess it's okay if you're in a train or in your minimoke, but if you're otherwise on foot I can think of definite advantages to using properly paired bluetooth). Anyone out there with linux experience and an iphone who can advise on how well linux can see the iphone if you plug it in?

Maybe, I've no personal experience of that and had trouble getting the website to work with my security settings. In my experience, Android devices connected to linux computers are discoverable using gio mount -li and then mountable to a folder inside /run/user using the name discovered. That's part of the gnome/gtk subsystem, so if you were running them on your computer it might just pop up as is.

I think I try Google Photos: taking a Picture, load automatically to the Server and then just copy this Via Pyra to my Posts ..

It’s more for some Bike Tours or something, not for every day

Whit best regards, Matthias

I do not understand why people with Google Photo's want Apple to track their location. But if it works for Apple then more information to Apple.
Post automatically merged:

I admit that I still use Android. But I'm going to replace it with something that's more open to me and less open to it's vendor someday!

I do not understand why people with Google Photo's want Apple to track their location. But if it works for Apple then more information to Apple.
Post automatically merged:

I admit that I still use Android. But I'm going to replace it with something that's more open to me and less open to it's vendor someday!

Pinephone with hardware switches!

Well, i have a Iphone because i listen to lots of Music, and i had some Ipods in the Past, and even carryd a Nano when i allready had an Android Phone, so somethimes in the Past i desides to buy an Iphone because i thought its maybe a good idea to have Ipod and Phone in one Device..

I also allready have a Google Mail Acount so i think this Google Photo App /Website whouldnt make that many damage more..

To make some Photos and post something about my E-Bike Tours (i dotnt know the correct therm "ich fahr mit dem Ding durch die Gegend").. , sit on a Bank on my Way and use the Pyra to post this Pictures, which should work pretty good whit the Nubs as Mouse and the Keyboard..

Shure the Software of the Pyra have to mature until i can use its Mobil Data Modem, but as i plan to use my Bike for lots of Years, it can work out..

Also whit the Photos on Google, i just need to Copy the Photo URL, and dotnt need to Load Up the Photos to the Board Server..

EDIT
Oh and just forgotten:
Something new from EvilDragon?

Last edited:
EDIT
Oh and just forgotten:
Something new from EvilDragon?

I had a fantastic dinner with azouls yesterday.... does that count as news? :D

On a more serious note: I'm trying to update you within the next few days, maybe next week as latest.
My employee is ill for 6 weeks, so I'm even more stuffed with work than usual (and it's end-of-the-year-tax-time as well).

I've got a new helper now, so I'm slowly catching up, but I still have to handle all orders and shipments myself :/

Do you mean whit "Update you" only the User "Matthias" or the whole Community ?
This must be anoying whit your Employee and you have first to train the new Employee, because Handle a Massproduktion of Pyrae should be something you dont make everyday..

Do you mean whit "Update you" only the User "Matthias" or the whole Community ?

For everyone, of course.

This must be anoying whit your Employee and you have first to train the new Employee, because Handle a Massproduktion of Pyrae should be something you dont make everyday..

Well, she is doing office stuff and shipping / handling the orders in the shop, so nothing to do with Pyra assembly or similar... but still helping out a lot here :)

Last edited:
Back