Pyra Fanart

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
Need-for-Pyra-Poster_v4.jpg

edit: Version 3 by now.

• Changed POE to BOE... (and italized the letters too)
  • Added T.I. too... (SOC builders. Thanks Micheal!)
  • Added Form Action (Case builders)

Last edited:
"Pyra is basically Pandora with more horsepower"

Now I understand...

i'm very tempted to put it on the wiki as promotional material!
You have my blessings. Although I'm not sure about the fair use, once you start using it for promotional purposes, thus, commercially.
The things I have made so far are more for a quick laugh than anything else.

@Eight Bit : Thanks!

Handle correctly art like this could be used for advertising- striking the balance between humour and sillyness is important though.
We don't want to belittle or give a silly impression of the Pyra. A general theme running through it all- sets of pictures with their own sub themes could work too.

Ah. It's a bit weird mentioning the LCD suppliers, but not the case design / production company or any other supplier (like TI), don't you think? ;)

the-last-pyra-v0.jpg
How far would you go to get the last available Pyra in the world? Play it now on Pandora.

@EvilDragon Added Texas Instruments to the credits. See first post for updated image.
[doublepost=1459208912,1459206067][/doublepost]But long before the events of "The Last Pyra".... Do you remember how you survived Two Months without one?

pyra-first-batch.jpeg

[doublepost=1459209266][/doublepost]addendum: If anyone wants the GIMP files of the images, just pm me...

the promotional material page should look nice in a minute or two. (when changing the photo files, it appears to take a while to propagate...)

[edit] I think ED would approve more if you also included Form Action (the case company), though...

You might want to mention Debian and Linus Torvalds. Probably Richard Stallman*, because we don't want him to start calling it the GNU/Pyra (to go along with the Free Pandora) if he doesn't get credit for it**. It is a good thing movie posters have all that little text at the bottom so you can include everyone. :p What company is making the keymats?

@FBnil Do you take requests?

*That should be a band name. Something loud and forceful for their music would be my guess.

** I am just (kinda) playing around here. I like some of what he and the FSF do, but it gets quite silly and extreme at times, such as in his article about "free hardware" aka open (source) hardware. He is probably a great guy. Don't assasinate me, please.

@rygD Mentioning Debian might not be a bad idea. I would do Richard a disservice mentioning his name. See, the Pyra (just like the Pandora) features binary blobs... which are NOT open source. The Pandora has the wireless WiFi which is a blob and the PowerVR is also a blob. Alas, the Pyra won't be either. (there were some attempts to remove the blobs, but I do not remember if those were succesful; does anyone know?). Also look in /lib/firmware/ to hunt down more blobs.... hmmm that sounds like a Ghostbusters poster...
As for the FSF stance: They have a role to play, I do not find it extreme (no bombings, no kidnappings... just a political point of view). I find it troublesome that companies do not give you specs on how stuff works (but a compiled driver instead). I understand companies wanting to keep some knowledge to themselves, but most hardware goes EOL or companies bankrupt... and still nothing. Remember most drivers in Linux are made by reverse engineering the hardware (chapeau to those peeps!), sometimes resulting in not-so-good drivers (video drivers for example).

Lastly: request: Depends, what do you have in mind? Fix your avatar? (hint hint...)

Back