Beta Pydance(Beta1)

darfgarf

Website
www.gfrancisdev.co.uk
can't believe i forgot to post this here aswell as on the official forum XD

it took a bit of fiddling, but i got it running on the pandora, no pnd of it yet, as lots of things need changing still (song/config directories etc etc), and there's a few random crashes i can't seem to pin down, so i'd appreciate some testing if anyone is up to it :D

just unzip it somewhere logical, and double click on 'pydance.py', or 'python pydance.py' from the terminal, seems to crash less when launched form a terminal

if you want my config (fullscreen, decent keybindings), then .pydance needs to go in your home directory

also, if you're a half decent stepmania/ddr player, opinions on the timings would be nice, as i'll most probably tweak them a bit before release

get it here:
edit: damn forums, here:
http://localhostr.com/files/397bff/pydancebeta%201.zip

The crashes don't by any chance have anything to do with this?
pydance keeps crashing with an "OverflowError". How do I fix it?

Your copy of glibc has been compiled with optimizations that are too aggressive, and have triggered bugs somewhere in it and/or your compiler. Recompile glibc with lower optimization levels, and stop aggressively optimizing unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Jdbye said:
The crashes don't by any chance have anything to do with this?
pydance keeps crashing with an "OverflowError". How do I fix it?

Your copy of glibc has been compiled with optimizations that are too aggressive, and have triggered bugs somewhere in it and/or your compiler. Recompile glibc with lower optimization levels, and stop aggressively optimizing unless you know exactly what you're doing.

nothing along those lines, i've had a few buffer underruns, but they shouldn't matter

seems the crashes just happen randomly when you start a song, no error message, just python dies

download link updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Back