Putting Pandora (Users) On The Map

Should we have a general Pandora Users map?

• Total voters

zevdawg

I noticed some forums I participate in have a map online (either by Google, or other mapping methods) of their online members (people plot themselves on the map, create a short description - and there you go, easy way to find someone for say: if you ever wanted to game?).

I wonder if someone's created a Pandora users map somewhere, and has just been forgotten - if not then we oughta start one up, I say :)

With all honesty, 4000 Pandoras isn't that large of a number - heck even 10k (and the world population is?) - so you'd think something like this could be of good use.

nobody's even gonna have a "use the search function" post in this thread?

Would regional maps be redundant or not (after all, there's other GP32x forums)? More accurate results?
At least if you seen someone in Europe when say, the map is North America, one could fix... Possible to moderate maps too?

Maybe the main map is too big?
I found 3 people in Edmonton, but that may not even be accurate if the map's messed to begin with.

DaMummy said:
nobody's even gonna have a "use the search function" post in this thread?

You realize that's redundant and gives nothing to this thread anyway, right?
There are apparent flaws with the current mapping system so this thread has purpose, you see.

Last edited by a moderator:
We already have a map... altho I personally consider it useless since you can't display every entry at once, only one page worth :(

It certainly would be awesome to have a map that could display every LEGIT Pandora preorderer all at once so we could have some kind of a visual indicator of how many people near us own a Pandora too... but I'm sure that's just a nice little fantasy and will never actually happen IRL because there isn't really any way to regulate such a thing.

oh well... one can dream :pandora2ut4:pipe-dreams

Defo said:
MDave said:
Yeah, it sucks that it's divided up into pages. Is there a way to show everyone on just the one page? Most people are only going to look at the first page only.

You can view all on one page by copying and pasting the "View in Google Earth" link into the search box, and hit search.

mali said:
Defo said:
MDave said:
Yeah, it sucks that it's divided up into pages. Is there a way to show everyone on just the one page? Most people are only going to look at the first page only.

You can view all on one page by copying and pasting the "View in Google Earth" link into the search box, and hit search.

That certainly helps,
but I noticed one person posted to a city 3 times... Still not really helpful if that's happening (needs management).

zevdawg said:
That certainly helps,
but I noticed one person posted to a city 3 times... Still not really helpful if that's happening (needs management).
Some poor, pathetic person took the time to vandalize the map, moving, deleting, and creating fake names all over the place.

I like Flickr.com's Geotagging feature. When you zoom in to any part of the world, it can update its search results to display as many hits from the view currently selected.

Edit: Silly non-sensical idea retracted.

oh cool, i live hardly any distance at all from StalkS, whoever that is. maybe we can hang out when our pandoras arrive

edit - neat, a bit of webstalking and he runs a really awesome site, woo

Gruso said:
It's all messed up though. Seems everyone moved to Europe.
I've moved to the UK, back to the US, changed my name, moved through my state, changed my name back, moved back home, moved to Germany, then moved back home again. :)

I personally don't want anyone on this forum knowing where I live, in case I do something to anger everyone.

Though with my IP address, you could probably find me at least down to the county, but I at least want to make you try harder to find me.

Ollonk said:
I personally don't want anyone on this forum knowing where I live, in case I do something to anger everyone.

Though with my IP address, you could probably find me at least down to the county, but I at least want to make you try harder to find me.

AFAIK
It's usually down to the city :eek:

I think those who value their privacy either just list themselves "wherever" in city, otherwise just don't list on the map at all.

Edit: There are some people listed in the sky, on the Moon, and Mars as well (Google Earth), go figure :lol: .

Back