Beta Psms

This one works well in game, but the menu has some nice bugs. If I stay in there too long it hangs and kills the program. Then when I go back in, it gets stuck an I have to press CTRL-C to get it past some point and back into the menu.

I like the menu background though. It sure runs a lot faster than my version in u-boot that barely makes frame rates in the single digits (due to MMU being off). :p

Hehe i didn't tested it enough to see those menu bugs, i bet i should have the time to work on it for the pandora release date :p

Cpasjuste this is fantastic i cant wait to play moonwalker. That game was killer.

I have a question about this from a learning standpoint though. I have done previous programming and want to port something to the Pandora but i am having trouble with some of the concepts that would be used to make a game run in this environment. It may just be my lack of familiarity with Linux programming too. :blink: The basic question is: Would there be source available for this? In many ways seeing how others are doing it, and doing it right may be helpfull to others who wish to dive in to the Pandora specific environment.
I understand you may not want to do this and im ok with that, but i had to ask. Even a early version that is incomplete would be helpfull.

Either way keep up the good work and i look forward to playing.

Yonder

I'm looking forward to trying this out.

I have one question, though - is Game Gear support present? :D (That was my first handheld - it somehow seems appropriate to revisit it on what will soon be my most-recent handheld. :))

yonder711 said:
Cpasjuste this is fantastic i cant wait to play moonwalker. That game was killer.

I have a question about this from a learning standpoint though. I have done previous programming and want to port something to the Pandora but i am having trouble with some of the concepts that would be used to make a game run in this environment. It may just be my lack of familiarity with Linux programming too. :blink: The basic question is: Would there be source available for this? In many ways seeing how others are doing it, and doing it right may be helpfull to others who wish to dive in to the Pandora specific environment.
I understand you may not want to do this and im ok with that, but i had to ask. Even a early version that is incomplete would be helpfull.

Either way keep up the good work and i look forward to playing.

Yonder
For the emulator itself (not the gui), it compile almost out of the box, you just have to set up the codeSourcery arm toolchain : http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains...?@template=lite (2008q3) and modify your makefile to use it.
For the gui, it's just a basic SDL application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone who was able to test this Emu onto the Pandora (dev)board tell, how the SMS Emu was clocked?
I'm sure we don't need 500MHz for a Master System emulation so how low can the Pandora be clocked for still Full Speed? :)

I'd imagine that the Pandora would be more than fast enough for the SMS, but if not, is there an overclocker we can use to run PMS?

Jourdy288 said:
I'd imagine that the Pandora would be more than fast enough for the SMS, but if not, is there an overclocker we can use to run PMS?

Fusion was thinking the other way around. He wanted to downclock his Pandora to increase the battery life while using the emulator.

Enverex said:
Jourdy288 said:

Fusion was thinking the other way around. He wanted to downclock his Pandora to increase the battery life while using the emulator.
Hmm, that gives me an idea... perhaps we can have the Pandora downclock automatically when speed isn't necessary, anybody agree?

Jourdy288 said:
Enverex said:
Jourdy288 said:

Hmm, that gives me an idea... perhaps we can have the Pandora downclock automatically when speed isn't necessary, anybody agree?
This should kind of happen automatically; the processor will "go to sleep" if it's not used to its fullest and save lots of battery life.

I don't think that the processor will be an issue, however, but rather that the LCD will consume the most electricity and that that's what you really should care about.

Sorry to necropost... still, this is a good thread, it needed a resurrection! =)

Alerino said:
Sorry to necropost²... i can't get anywhere, stuck in the blue gui , can't select any rom... help needed

to run i go 'sudo ./psms' , is that correct?

It's hard to have a lot of confidence on running a binary posted in 2008.. you should probably just wait for SMS support in Picodrive which should be right around the corner.

You guys got me excited for a minute.

Nobody reply! Let the thread die (yes, I'm a hypocrite).

Back