Psfreedom Ported To Work With Dingoo

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
Ive been following whats been going on with the ps jailbreak story over thelast few weeks and found this today:

I have word from waninkoko via irc that he has successfully modified PSFreedom to work on a Dingoo Hanheld connected to a PS3. The supported devices continue to stream in for this exploit, opening up the doors to more endusers! Download link below.

http://psgroove.com/?file_id=9

Two news items came in for this one, here's the other post:

paul3100 said:
Taken from dcemu

The PS3 Homebrew/Hacking Scene just gets more interesting and Waninkoko of Wii Custom Firmware Fame has released PSFreedom for Dingoo, so whilst many others pay over the odds for the PSjailbreak you can just use one Homebrew Handheld to hack into your PS3 and turn your PS3 into a Homebrew Machine

via gxmod

Announced last week , Waninkoko released a port of the handheld PSFreedom Dingoo A320 , allowing to use it as a dongle Jailbreak PS3 .

Use:

1 . Place the zImage file on your mini - SD card ( important : be sure to choose the file that work with your LCD screen !) .
2 . Start Dingux and wait to boot the kernel completely.
3. It 'll just connect your PS3 to your Dingoo and follow the usual procedure. Unplug your PS3 , connect your Dingoo on it , plug your console , and press power button shortly "Eject ". Now let the magic play .

Note: the patch for the kernel is present in the archive to the " kernel - patch " . This patch was created to be applied at the beginning of the branch opendingux 2.6.35 kernel .

And the thread on Dingoonity: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-general/psgroove-for-ps3-ported-to-dingux/

Haven't had a chance to try this myself, I'm itching to.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was completely unexpected. As of right now, the only devices that can groove are a couple of phones, and then a chinese PMP and a calculator. That's insane.

it basically took minutes to download the files, update the zImage and carry out the exploit, but then about half an hour to back up a disc, and it worked, only downside is the bluray's take up so much space so my 80gb wont get very far.

Well it was always going to happen wasn't it. ;) I think it's a given that you should keep your PS3 offline if you want to do this. There is a proxy tool out there that bypasses system updates though (it's been around for a while). It's all cat & mouse from here!

i know, i was reading about people who had used the exploit apparently getting banned from psn after the update, then i heard the ps3 'beep' into start up mode, across the room i see my 3 year old daughter with the pad, so i dived under the tv and switch it off by the main switch...scary! to be honest if i was banned i wouldnt care i hardly use my ps3, and like most people i wouldnt use the exploit to play backups, id rather play the games i like on 360, but the thought of the system being open and seeing what homebrew and emulators would have apppeared was getting me interested in the ps3, i hope they find a way around this

Hi,I have the latest gmenu2x,and don't work
I placed the zImage_9325 renamed to zimage file to sd root.When i press select button on rebbot,dingux launch and i have the gmenu2x menu.
Am i forgot anything?

Thanks

Sloxone said:
I placed the zImage_9325 renamed to zimage file to sd root.When i press select button on rebbot,dingux launch and i have the gmenu2x menu.
Am i forgot anything?

Thanks

You wont tell in anyway that the exploit has worked initially. Boot up your dingoo while its in your ps3, have no other things in the usb ports, then switch your ps3 on via the back switch then power it on then press eject straight away, you should hear 3 beeps. Now you need a usb flash drive or something similar with backup manager on, google to find this and download. Once this is plugged into your ps3 the backup manager should be visible to install in your games list i think, once you done that your all done. Bear in mind you have to leave your dingoo plugged in at all times. Hope that helped

Gruso said:
Totally. With the early news of an OMAP3 port I was hoping we'd see a Pandora version eventually. But I think the Dingoo is the cooler tool for the job!
And the Dingoo is actually cheaper than the PSJailbreak stick!

CUPC4KES said:
Sloxone said:
Am i forgot anything?

Thanks

You wont tell in anyway that the exploit has worked initially. Boot up your dingoo while its in your ps3, have no other things in the usb ports, then switch your ps3 on via the back switch then power it on then press eject straight away, you should hear 3 beeps. Now you need a usb flash drive or something similar with backup manager on, google to find this and download. Once this is plugged into your ps3 the backup manager should be visible to install in your games list i think, once you done that your all done. Bear in mind you have to leave your dingoo plugged in at all times. Hope that helped

Hi,thank for help.
Finally i find it :) First step
To all who are the problem..you must edit the main file in Local/sbin

Just enter
#
sleep 60
power off

I have another problem :(
I installed Backup manager.When i launch ,he back to ps3 menu...

are you gettin the error code when you try an launch it? Don't forget you have to do the whole exploit thing everytime you turn your ps3 on, and keep your dingoo plugged in and switched on all the time. One way you know that the backup manager will work is there will be two funny folders show up in your games list. If you don't do it right then wont. Hope that helps. Also all that stuff you said you had to do to get it work, i didn't do none of that. Just replaced the zImage file

CUPC4KES said:
Don't forget you have to do the whole exploit thing everytime you turn your ps3 on, and keep your dingoo plugged in and switched on all the time.
I'm pretty sure you can unplug it after the shellcode is executed.

you probably can remove it, i read it as dont remove it all but it probably just meant while your booting up the ps3, ive played yakuza 3 off the hard drive for about 5 hours with no problems at all (a game i own anyway).

CUPC4KES said:
are you gettin the error code when you try an launch it? Don't forget you have to do the whole exploit thing everytime you turn your ps3 on, and keep your dingoo plugged in and switched on all the time. One way you know that the backup manager will work is there will be two funny folders show up in your games list. If you don't do it right then wont. Hope that helps. Also all that stuff you said you had to do to get it work, i didn't do none of that. Just replaced the zImage file

Hi,
i have bad backup manager ...but now it work .

Sloxone

Off topic here, but it builds without problems for pandora too (version for HF4):
http://pandorapress.net/gruso/psfreedom.ko

..but according to vimacs it doesn't work. It's still heavily developed so I can build newer versions if anyone wants to try.

Notaz! :wub:

I'll give it a test on the weekend and report back. Being able to try it on two devices is good actually, I'll be able to give more useful feedback. Definitely interested in newer versions if they're needed. :)

Once the hack is done you do not need to have the dingoo plugged in. The dingoo is only needed for about 30 seconds when you run the exploit. Then you can unplug it and play while you wait for backup manager to backup your games!

Back