Ps2nfo: What's The Deal With Them?

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Reading through a few threads, a few other websites and now the latest interview with the WAB (is that right?) launcher's creator, am I right in thinking they go around stealing other people's work and sticking their own names on it?

I know this doesn't leave much room for discussion, but still.

yeah and check this from team xecuter's site(teamxecuter.com)

Update #2: Today we decided to release Lumines NOUMD PPF Patches! Be sure to read the included ReadMe file for further information on them as well as some interesting related 'scene' details. The only change these updated PPF Patches include is the ability to run Lumines from your PSP Memory Stick without the need for any UMD in the drive once you use them to patch the game's BOOT.BIN file. Enjoy one and all!

But didn't Xecuter release this yesterday ? LOL

We have had several reports already of Xecuter forum members talking about the Xecuter release on their forums and then being immediatley banned ! What kind of Nazi censorship are they trying to acheive here ?

Why don't they just give correct credits when someone releases something - we don't get it ?

i don't know, from what i see ps2nfo is very childish.
can any of you get in their irc channel btw? #ps2ownz on efnet. i got banned right away for no reason, must be an auto ban for new guys?
i just want more info on that bloody iso launcher.

They're real bastards apparently.

Everyone hates them.

I read somewhere that as well as stealing other peoples work, they blackmail 'smaller' devs (no, not midgets) into paying them for giving proper credit.

There's a guge page on it somwhere detailing a history of sordid events. It was on PSP-Spot, but it's down at the mo.

spray posted on Jul 5 2005 at 07:37 PM said:
what did you see mark?

the page is down for me!

should i order a 512 stick and then begin to *e-hem* order some games overnight?

Just that no UMD is needed for the launcher :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is good news.

Means that as well as your backed up games on MS, you'll be able to have a game of your choice in the UMD drive (maybe one above 512mb or 1gb).

The Fifa ISO is 480MB, but I suppose it's compressed, and when I stick it on the 512 stick with the launcher and the reserved space it won't fit. I suppose I could just delete a few sounds files; someone managed to get an audio version of Lumines with just 14 tracks I believe.

I think a 512mb stick has around 470mb of usable space?

What is it for a 1gb stick?

Is there a loader for Fifa?

Edit: No doubt Fifa has loads of shite songs in it...to go along witht he shite game I suppose. :lol:

hey, I just tried this stuff and coded arms was just 148 mb on the memory stick!

...but I seriously don't wanna use this stuff I want the real umd's it somewhat destroys the enjoyment of owning games. ;/

ps2nfo are real assholes....

you can read about them on ngcdev.com too....

they steal stuff and claim they made it oO how cheap is that....

+ they kick you from their boards if you say something bad about them or join some forum the dont like :ph34r:

i want to read vimacs opinion to this topic xD

yeah, i know what you mean, timpas. same with me, but i can't help it ;) i'll still buy psp games, and after finally really playing lumines(with sound this time), i gotta get it.
having the game motivates me to play more too. i need the box art :D

oh yeah, with my 256mb stick im only able to play one small game at a time. memory stick prices are still outta sight, though

damn! ps2nfo are real bastards! i won't give their site anymore hits

Back