Profiling

Tramb

Still Fresh
Hello guys,

what good profilers are available for the pandora?

Something like Linux perf, CodeAnalyst, vTune.

I'd like to avoid intrusive stuff like gprof if possible.

Cheers,

Bertrand

perf and oprofile are working fine, you just might need to compile them from source, although Angstrom/debian binary packages may work too. I don't know much about CodeAnalyst and vTune, quick googling shows they are x86 specific.

Ok,thanks.

I tried "opkg install oprofile" and "opkg install perf" as root without success, so I'll try to build these from source.

(Yep CodeAnalyst and vTune are respectively AMD and Intel sampling profilers)

Oprofile is included by default inside Slackware.

Also, i think perf must be build from kernel sources tools.

Dang I can't find the /tools directory where perf source are supposed to live in any branch of git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git

Can somebody enlighten me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang I can't find the /tools directory where perf source are supposed to live in any branch of git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git

Can somebody enlighten me?
It doesn't live in any branch (wasn't there for 2.6.27 kernel), use pandora-3.2 branch.

My mistake, I was confused by gitweb.

I'm trying pandora-3.2, thanks.

Ok, I have a perf binary from .next openembedded that works with Zaxxon too.

If someone is interested, I could publish it but how?

This command-line tool makes no sense as a PND, does it?

Thank's a lot for building and share...we need a repo for developers with possibility to share sources and lib builded for pandora and utility like this one.

yes... something like this... :) but with possibility to change frequently the packages, without take much time to ED to moderate.

Its really time to get a "files" section on the repo.

MILKSHAAAKEEE!

Back