Profile Pic

-Tj-

Dunno if this is at all possible, but can the profile photo be given the option to use a URL the way the avatar photo can? I was thinking of updating my profile to include a photo and was just a bit surprised to see there was no option for it.

I don't think so, but we'll have to wait for ED to see whether or not there are options available for him to include this "use URL" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I'll wait and see what he says. If it's not possible I'll just have to make do with the URL option on the avatar. Thx!

That's probably what I'll end up doing for the time being. I had planned to just host the pic on my site's ftp and swap it out there when I felt like a change.

So if the Twitter avatar photo can be linked, perhaps it's possible to add in an option to link from elsewhere as well?

I have a Twitter account but there's no real use in linking it with my profile. Even there I believe you have to upload your photo.

Ok, so I tried a bunch of things in the order shown:

- Twitter connect

- Twitter connect with Twiback (switches profile pics on Twitter at specified intervals)

- Uploading a photo manually via URL entered in the file select

- Uploading a photo manually via file stored on my computer

Twitter connect only synced a tiny, tiny profile pic 48x48 pixels in size. The Twiback route had the same result, as expected, since it's uploading to Twitter. Putting a URL into the file select dialog yielded absolutely no change, and I didn't expect this would work anyway. Was worth a try tho. :p

So, ideas exhausted, I guess I'll either change it manually less frequently than I had hoped to via the forum settings, or move my idea to the avatar picture instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, it's cool. The dude's super busy and this would probably benefit a handful of users (or possibly just me lol). I'd rather he spend any free time he has living life and getting some rest. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back