GP2X Problem With As

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi all,

I've got a problem with my arm-linux-as command - it uses hardware fp, and then the .o file won't link with the others. I've got devkitGP2X installed on WinXP.

Can someone help me to fix this ? How can I set the parameters for as ? Also, how can I tell the makefile that as is in fact arm-linux-as ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There's no need to use arm-linux-as, just use GCC. As long as your file has a .S (note: not .s) extension, it'll get passed along to 'as' without problems and you'll be able to use the preprocessor commands to make it much easier to write the code.

Secondly, hardware fp and software fp object is not compatible. Compile it all for the same fp. devkitGP2X by default compiles software fp objects, as the gp2x has no FPU.

Well, in fact in my makefile I include the .o object directly, and gcc should pass it along to 'as'. But there's an error: make: as: command not found

It looks like it looks for as, but it is named arm-linux-as.exe in the bin dir. So I tried to copy it and rename the copy simply 'as.exe', but then it gives me the fp error...

Back