Problem Moving Files To The Wiz Sd

haribo

Still Fresh
When i drag n drop large files to my wiz's sd card (films or large game roms) they transfer over very slow. For example a 700mb avi or psx rom will take roughly 23 mins, surely this can't be right ??

Is there any way of speeding this up ?

Use a SD Card reader/writer to copy big files. The driver performance of gadget_fs isn't phenomenal ..

>The driver performance of gadget_fs isn't phenomenal

And by that he means it's f-ing awful. It takes like 20 times as long (compared to a 3€ usb card reader).

It is a little disappointing,

but ya know its not all that bad all you have to do is drag n drop a 700mb file then go make a cuppa,drink it, go outside cut the hedge then pack it all away - check the transfer 52% done, go to work for 8 hours come back make another cuppa and then sit down and watch the last 2% finish.

yep not that bad.

But to see the wiz develop the way it is i am happy to put up with it. It means i will be drinking alot more coffee .(or buy a card reader)

The interesting thing is that SD write performance when the Wiz is connected to Linux is faster than when its connected to Windows. At least thats been my experience so far .. can't say I've been writing huge files in the hundreds of megabytes, though ..

Back