Pre-order Problems

yosh64

Website
yosh64.redirectme.net
hey

Firstly, I never received the newsletter. After a bit I just checked the http://www.gbax.com website and found it was already up :\. Is there any way we can find out if we are part of the first batch?

Next, it never asked for my delivery address? but my billing address / credit card address was the same, so I let it slide.

Finally, it was WAY MORE EXPENSIVE than I thought :(. At first I thought it was just AU$355, and then after ordering I realised that was in US dollars. So it adds up to around AU$445 :(, I don't think I will have anything for the developer fund now, and I still gotta get an SDCard. I remember a little while back I worked it out to be less than AU$400, I guess the AUS dollar is worth less now. Anyhows this just means I really gotta make fine use of the thing now, to make it all worth while.

Ohh, and I never got a choice of the currency? I thought it was mentioned that we would get a choice? although it probably doesn't matter.

BTW, sorry if there are already simular threads, hard to find anything cause the forums are so slow.

cyas

Just to let you guys know, Visa and Mastercard would not work for me to pre-order (Yes, I am sure I have plenty of credit) However, American Express worked fine. I live in the USA. I ordered from gbax.com
What a relief after a lot of distress when my other cards were declined!

DixieDawg

When I placed my preorder on the US site it did not ask for a shipping address. Did anybody else have this problem??? I have already e-mailed support to get this fixed.

I had the same issue, I was going to wait a bit till things calmed down to get it fixed.

emil10001 said:
I had the same issue, I was going to wait a bit till things calmed down to get it fixed.
Same here but on the UK site (I ordered with my US card which bills to my APO box even though I live in the UK). Well, it'll be a while before any shipping goes on, so hopefully we can fix the problems before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem. On the last submit page I noticed shipping address was blank, so I started over to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I just submitted the order anyway on the second try, and plan on emailing in a few days once the dust settles after today's frenzy. These things aren't shipping for another 2 months so I thought there would be ample time to contact support at gbax.com and sort it out.

hey

Yep, I had the same problem (I ordered from Australia). I went through with the order as my credit card address was the same as my delivery address. Also, since we have an order number and such I think it can be fixed if there are any issues.

cyas

i followed the instructions, went to the site to order for the rest of europe, and noticed my country (belgium) not appearing in the list -_- (did united kingdom replace it or so? where balgium would alphabetically be, ther's now united kingdom, and it's also on the end of the list -_-)
i'll order it through gp2x.de i guess, there i can say i'm from belgium -_-

Same problem here for Spain. Only card address worked, both delivery and billing address appeared blank.

noob here... Yeah, I got the same problem. Hope an email comes out asking for shipping addresses or something since my billing address isn't my home and it's really not a complete address overall (no suite #).

After pre-ordering I checked my online credit card statement, but no charge is showing. I still got a confirmation e-mail though, so I'm a little confused. Is this normal?

zxxgp said:
Some how this thread got posted twice. Can a mod fix that when one of you gets a chance?
Can we also get all of these 'Preorder Problem' threads merged?

HI Para,

No that's totally normal, It can take a few days to appear and it depends on your bank, and how frequenty they update their online service.

If you've recieved an email saying payment has been taken :ph34r: , then it has been.

Congrats on first post btw. :lol:

More than likely the card has been authorised and payment will be taken upon shipping.

Para said:
After pre-ordering I checked my online credit card statement, but no charge is showing. I still got a confirmation e-mail though, so I'm a little confused. Is this normal?
Orders don't usually show up on statements for a good 2-3 working days.

cools said:
More than likely the card has been authorised and payment will be taken upon shipping.
More than likely not! The money will be taken in the next few days.

craigix said:
The credit card address IS the order address - we have it set to max security. Don't worry :)

I don't know about you, but I need the shipping address to be at my work as I will not be home when delivery will be made, and last time I made the mistake of shipping to my place, I had to drive 50km just to go pick up the package.
Gas is not fun over here. That is another 16$ expense on top of the 26$ shipping, which, btw, we were told that in Canada shipping will be from inside the country.
Shipping inside Canada is NOT 26$. Now, if you ship from other country, customs might charge as well, and they will cost a lot, like half the price of the pandora.

I guess I will wait until after the preordering storm, when things will cool off.
Don't feel like paying 370$+customs (~500$) :(

PS: You can always use IP matching and phone the customer if you want to ensure that it is not a fraud.

hey

Nice to know :).

Well the first time I realised it never asked for my delivery address I hit the back or whatever button on the confirmation page cause I thought maybe I missed it, so then I had to enter all my credit card details again and hope I was part of the first batch, hehe.

Do you have any information about the newsletter? or does it take a while to get them sent out to around 22,000 folks? or was it delayed or something to cope with the demand? at least I heard there was around this many, hehe.

edit
BTW, I still haven't received the newsletter, so dunno. Hmm, I'm sure glad I checked the gbax.com website, I just hope it was soon enough for the first batch.

Also, if I may ask (ignore if you please), are there any definite indications of how sales are going? and can you provide us with any indication of how they are going?

cyas

Back