[Ported Game] Stratagus 2.2.7

canseco

Very Active Member
Changelog

- Initial release for Dragonbox Competition 2012/2013.
- Added wartool and startool command line for data extraction inside OpenPandora.

Instalation:

- Execute launcher to make appdata stratagus folder (home, .stratagus)
- Copy data extracted by wartool/startool (Linux, Mac, Windows, N900, OpenPandora) to appdata stratagus home folder. Folder should end like this:

/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/.stratagus
/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/wargus
/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/stargus

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to try this out ASAP.. Great job porting this, I had the hardest time getting this to compile with my crosscompiler setup and eventually gave up on it..

Not sure cheaply.. but FYI I believe only the DOS version of Warcraft II can be used with Stratagus... The battle.net version I don't believe works with the data extraction utility which properly formats the data files for use with Stratagus.

Not sure cheaply.. but FYI I believe only the DOS version of Warcraft II can be used with Stratagus... The battle.net version I don't believe works with the data extraction utility which properly formats the data files for use with Stratagus.
Is there any online store selling the DOS version then ? :)

Works with Warcraft II like a charm. Very nice!

I can confirm it needs DOS version for both games.

Playing with touchscreen is hard, but i use it sometimes for quick minimap look.

Stargus is still a bit buggy, maybe they will solve it in next version.

Initial release for Dragonbox Competition 2012/2013.

Execute launcher to make appdata stratagus folder.

Copy folder data extracted from wargus/stargus on your PC (Linux, Mac, Windows, N900) to appdata folder.
Can you clarify the installation instructions a bit more?

1. First install stratagus on PC?

2. Install wargus

3. put warcraft 2 datafiles on wargus folder?

4. copy the whole wargus folder to Pandora .stratagus folder?

By the way does the non-CD version of Warcraft 2 work with wargus?

Playing with touchscreen is hard, but i use it sometimes for quick minimap look.

There was a DOS version of Starcraft?

There was a DOS version of Starcraft?
As far as I know, there where only versions for Windows and MacOS

By the way does the non-CD version of Warcraft 2 work with wargus?

official disclaimer on the Wargus site..

Wargus is not an official Blizzard product, its a Warcraft2 modification, by Warcraft2 fans for Warcraft2 fans. You need a copy of the original Warcraft2 DOS version to make use of Wargus, it will not work with the Battle.net Edition. Warcraft is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment

My mistake about Starcraft version needed.

I will add wartool and startool on PND, in case anyone have external cdrom or purchased digital download.

If I want to have both Stargus and Wargus installed at once how is this done? I can dump one or the other in the stratagus appdata folder but don't want to have to move around folder each time.

Stratagus appdata should be like this:

/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/.stratagus

/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/wargus

/media/YourSD/pandora/appdata/stratagus/home/stargus

Launcher will pick correct folder and launch engine.

Thanks that did the trick, although it didn't generate the home/wargus or home/stargus folders automagically. While just dumping one of the games data files in the appdata/stratagus folder works.. it may be worth explaining it needs to be placed in the home directories to have both working.

Back