Port Requests: Some Open Source RPGs

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
If there's any devs out there that love a good RPG as much as I, I was wondering if these could be ported to the Pandora.

Summoning Wars, http://sumwars.org/wiki/Main_Page

Fall of Imiryn, http://annchienta.sourceforge.net/

S.C.O.U.R.G.E Heroes of Lesser Renown, http://sourceforge.net/projects/scourge/

Heroes of Allacrost, http://www.allacrost.org/download

And one last game I've wanted to see on a handheld for a while but it's not an RPG, NPRQuake

Main Page with source code, http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Gallery/NPRQuake/

It would be awesome to have S.C.O.U.R.G.E or Hero of Allacrost, by the way those games can be more easier to port  thanks to the libGl who knows... and by the way the Pandora could benefit a lot with more 3d rpg games and 3d racing games too.

Summoning Wars requires some things that we don't have as libs

1. OGRE >= 1.7.0

2. OIS

3. CEGUI >= 0.7.2, < 0.8

4. OpenAL + freeALUT

5. Lua5.1

6. ogg, vorbis + vorbisfile

7. PhysFS

and it looks like a minimum res of 800x600 or more resolution is needed.

Nice looking RPG though - will check it out on PC tonight.

Would you guys mind posting these on the Wiki as a few of us are going through the list progressively.

http://pandorawiki.org/Port_requests
Yes, how and who can do that.

There are info in this wiki that are too old and need to be refreshed:

In the Game section:

• Aquaria has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Astromenace has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Avp has been ported, PND is on the repo
In the Other Programs section:
  • blender has been ported (with Software mesaGL), PND is on the repo
  • LibreOffice has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Navit has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • YGOPRO has been ported, PND is on the repo

I may have missed some (Beatmania it seems will be comming soon from Linuxbochs).

Last edited by a moderator:

1. OGRE >= 1.7.0

2. OIS

3. CEGUI >= 0.7.2, < 0.8

4. OpenAL + freeALUT

5. Lua5.1

7. PhysFS

We have (or can build easily)

4., 5., 6., 7.

1. OGRE >= 1.7.0

2. OIS

3. CEGUI >= 0.7.2, < 0.8

4. OpenAL + freeALUT

5. Lua5.1

7. PhysFS

4., 5., 6., 7.
CEGUI now support gles, so porting will be way easier (well you'll need to backport GLES support to the version requiered here)

OIS is damn easy to build...once you have ogre :)

Ogre support GLES too.

So it's a matter of porting, there is no 3D conversion to be done. I bet someone will have something working relativly easily, yet it will be damn slow

EDIT: @ptitSeb : I also tried to get someone do this cleanup to help the devs finding new usefull port. I tried at many occasion and got no result. I'll suggest you to always cross-check with the repo. Maybe someone will listen your call. hopefully....

1. OGRE >= 1.7.0

2. OIS

3. CEGUI >= 0.7.2, < 0.8

4. OpenAL + freeALUT

5. Lua5.1

7. PhysFS

4., 5., 6., 7.
CEGUI now support gles, so porting will be way easier (well you'll need to backport GLES support to the version requiered here)

OIS is damn easy to build...once you have ogre :)

Ogre support GLES too.

So it's a matter of porting, there is no 3D conversion to be done. I bet someone will have something working relativly easily, yet it will be damn slow

EDIT: @ptitSeb : I also tried to get someone do this cleanup to help the devs finding new usefull port. I tried at many occasion and got no result. I'll suggest you to always cross-check with the repo. Maybe someone will listen your call. hopefully....
About the Ogre3D OGLES support, I try (a little) but it fail for now. The GLES-1 backend doesn't compile, and GLES-2 compile but fail at EGL Context creation. I tried some mounth ago, my EGL-fu was very weak at that time, I may retry soon (once I've clean up the mess I'v done in my codeblocks build, hoppefully this weekend).

For the wiki, yes, who is doing what is not clear for me, and I mainly check the repo and the board before ty a porting, the wiki is not current enough and cannot by trusted.

It looks like all the RPGs I requested are already on the wiki. NPRQuake isn't so I'll add that tonight after work and also if no one else does it before then I'll remove the ones ptitSeb pointed out.

Would you guys mind posting these on the Wiki as a few of us are going through the list progressively.

http://pandorawiki.org/Port_requests
Yes, how and who can do that.

There are info in this wiki that are too old and need to be refreshed:

In the Game section:

• Aquaria has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Astromenace has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Avp has been ported, PND is on the repo
In the Other Programs section:
  • blender has been ported (with Software mesaGL), PND is on the repo
  • LibreOffice has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • Navit has been ported, PND is on the repo
  • YGOPRO has been ported, PND is on the repo

I may have missed some (Beatmania it seems will be comming soon from Linuxbochs).
I'm working on cleaning up the Wiki and will provide instructions soon :)  and anyone that who has a account can login. (Its Stepmania from Linuxbochs). I do go through the repo occasionally and search for new stuff. I think we need a separate topic for the wiki anyway.

Edit: Removed those said titles, thanks. 

Anyone can edit the wiki.    Register here.  The registration password can be found here.

- Neelix
Password is no longer required as it was causing problems. :)

Hey Wally I've tried adding the new entries on the wiki but for some reason they won't save. I tried using the password and not with the same results. It's weird though, when I enter the info and click preview the new entries are there but after I hit save and then refresh the page they're gone. Any ideas?

I tried entering NPRQuake and Adonthell.

Anyone can edit the wiki.    Register here.  The registration password can be found here.
Password is no longer required as it was causing problems. :)
The password may no longer be required to make an edit,  but it is still required to create an account. I am certain of this as I checked the Create Account page before I posted to get the link address.

- Neelix

Back