Port Requests

http://digital-eel.com/sais/source.htm is a nice little spaceship roguelike, the full version has been freely available for quite a while. But there's some windows specific code and author Iikka Keränen calls it 'generally a mess' :)
I see binary download but not the sources, or may be I haven't seen it?
[doublepost=1481554775,1481554424][/doublepost]
There is a lack of flight games on the repo, not sure if any of these are doable:

Looks like the first 3 are opengl

http://tnlgame.net/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

It's running now. But with some stutering unfortunatly.

It's down on the page with the text:
Download: SAIS Source Code and Free Demo (5.2M)
Ah ok, thanks.
[doublepost=1481579811,1481555372][/doublepost]Ok, got something.
sais01.png

Need to clean up a bit and force fullscreen.

My main question is: the source code can be built for Demo and Full release (I built demo for testing). I know the Full release is free, but the source code specicaly mentionned that full data should not be redistribute... So, what should I do ?

While I'm working on trying to enlarge fonts (I have enlarged them, but now I'm trying to adjust everythings so text doesn't overlap too much), anyone as some advice for the Full Data set?
For now, I'll probably release the PND with no data, and the user will have to put the free data in the correct folder itself.

The point is, I haven't seen any mention on the site to how the data are redistribuable or not.

For now, I'll probably release the PND with no data, and the user will have to put the free data in the correct folder itself.
Seems ok for me...probably we may need to contact the authors to solve the data licence problem.

Once again, wow, that was quick. I'll get in contact with Digital Eel and ask about the assets.

i remember playing with this linux code in the past...but gave up because text was really tiny ...almost impossibile to read.
Holding down Control or F2 gives you a magnification window

I have one request : how about porting the qemu pebble emulator to the Pandora ?
This is the perfect time to look back at some of the Pebble games released for it.

They open-sourced their qemu fork here :
https://github.com/pebble/qemu

On the Pandora, you could compile it like so :
Code:
./configure --disable-werror --target-list="arm-softmmu" --extra-cflags=-DSTM32_UART_NO_BAUD_DELAY
make

Once compiled, you need at least two firmware files for each device.
You can get them here :
https://github.com/pebble/qemu-tintin-images

To run emery (the now unreleased Pebble Time 2), you can run the following command :
Code:
/qemu-system-arm -rtc base=localtime -serial null -serial tcp::54034,server,nowait -pflash ./qemu_micro_flash.bin  -machine pebble-robert-bb -cpu cortex-m4 -pflash ./qemu_spi_flash.bin -display sdl,frame=off
For other devices, you need to change the machine setting.
For aplite (OG Pebble), you need to set the cpu to cortex-m3 as well.

On my GCW0, qemu doesn't run though: it "Failed to initialize event notifier".
Still couldn't find a way around it but you should have no issues on the Pandy, as qemu is known to work on it.

The only issue is to transfer games to the qemu emulator and the only way to do so is to use libpebble2...
or use the python scripts provided in the official pebble SDK.
Installation is done through the serial port, if you wonder.

I might do this at one point. libpebble2 already works fine on Pandora. I'm not super motivated at the moment, as I've had a lot of trouble pairing with my watch from the Pandora. It seems to be due to the old, legacy pairing for Pandora's version of bluez. Newer pebble firmware seems to have abandoned the old, PIN based pairing method that Pandora uses.

I'll probably do more with it after getting the Pyra, as we should have newer bluez and access to Debian libs, so it will hopefully will be easier to get things like pebbled and rockwork to compile. Plus I plan to use Pyra instead of a phone, so using something like libpebble2 to push apps and notifications will be much more useful.

Once again, wow, that was quick. I'll get in contact with Digital Eel and ask about the assets.

Holding down Control or F2 gives you a magnification window
Dam, yes, that was so simple! I'll revert my hack to enlarge font, as this is much more effective.
sais10.png

(and I should try to do the same with Vangers)

Dam, yes, that was so simple! I'll revert my hack to enlarge font, as this is much more effective.
Do you see a way to increase the width of the magnifying window to match the text windows' width? I find that the 'lens' is just a little too small, it requires you to pan horizontally which is quite annoying. Hard to believe that an aid like this is integrated to make things more usable but at the same time introduces a new problem.

Do you see a way to increase the width of the magnifying window to match the text windows' width? I find that the 'lens' is just a little too small, it requires you to pan horizontally which is quite annoying. Hard to believe that an aid like this is integrated to make things more usable but at the same time introduces a new problem.
I made the same remark to myself when trying. I'll see if I can do something.

sais11.png

Like that ^^

I think I will enlarge a little bit more, so even the green tutorial windows fit...

Now that's more like it!

Edit: Still haven't heard back from Rich at Digital Eel.

Last edited:
http://digital-eel.com/sais/source.htm is a nice little spaceship roguelike, the full version has been freely available for quite a while. But there's some windows specific code and author Iikka Keränen calls it 'generally a mess' :)

As small reminder, SAIS (and many other games) are reported as being available for porting here at this WP list for quite some time. :) List is continuously updated by me (also recently!) and I would appreciate it if you drop there information too if you found some other commercial game with source released/leaked/reverse engineered. Alternatively, drop me a message here! Thank you! :)

Hi all :)

@lukey : just to ley you know Lugaru HD doesn't start on my Rebirth with SGX driver 4.10:
=======================================================================================
PND : /media/Pandora/pandora/menu/lugaru_1.x_lukey.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/lugaru_1.x
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : run.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/lugaru_1.x"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/lugaru_1.x=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/lugaru_1.x=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/lugaru_1.x"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------
WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed
SDL_GL_CreateContext() failed: Unable to make GL context current
LIBGL: Initialising glshim
scancode = 0xa, i=2a key=0x67
Loading config
X11_GL_LoadLibrary(0x1cb2db8, (null))
libGL:loaded: libGLES_CM.so
libGL:loaded: libEGL.so
libGL: built on Jul 15 2016 17:32:45
libGL: Recycling of FBO enabled
LIBGL: Texture shink, mode 4 selected (only > 256 /2, >=1024 /4 )
LIBGL: Streaming texture forced
LIBGL: Enable FastMath for cortex-a8
LIBGL: Current folder is:/mnt/utmp/lugaru_1.x
Unable to initialize EGL display.
ERROR: EGL Error detected: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001)
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/lugaru_1.x': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

I'll try with a different SGX driver and report here ASAP.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back