Port Requests

I am also interested in Higan GBC and SNES emulators. The Higan is one of the few emulators with support for MSU-1 audio chip (a feature not present in current Snes9x emu).

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I tried to compile Gearboy but it failed on some GL error...

Could you please give it a go ? It looks like the most promising (and accurate) Game Boy emulator of the list IMHO.

It's also available on the Raspberries, maybe it features some ARM optimizations ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : thanks :) And there's no hurry at all !

I also gave gbe-plus a try. That one failed on some -Wnarrowing error...

Feel free to give it a go too.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Just discovered Vangers a game that have it's source licensed as GPLv3, anyway only the source is open...the original, commercial datas is needed to play (available on Steam and GOG).
link at source code https://github.com/KranX/Vangers

I have tryed to build (and succeded) but its exit to desktop when i try to start a new game....it need a look of an expert.

@Farox : what a weird looking game !

/me wants to play it ! :p
It's even more weird than it looks, quite confusing and extremely unforgiving.
I'd call it a drug induced mix between open world rpg and racing game and whoever is able to finish it has my respect.
The voxel engine looks nice even for today's standards, the controls are mean and every wrong decision can cost you everything. I had to give up at some point.
In Soviet Russia, video games play YOU!

Last edited:
It's ok, @Magic Sam gifted me the game.

I have compiled it, it "runs" but for now doesn't display anything. I hear the music but that's it. Doing a GL capture shows that nothing is draws on the screen (I just see the Title texture correctly loaded). I have to debug, maybe the Pandora screen is to small (it wants a 800x600 minimum)? It's an SDL2 game, no omapdss here (and it's OpenGL anyway).

If you compile without GL in cmake it show the menu with music and you can navigate the menu and select/deselect fullscreen...but when i click on play game on the second screen (when i click on bottom
of the screen to play) it exit.

Yeah, I will try without GL (and hope it's not too slow).
[doublepost=1475931734,1475930933][/doublepost]In the same time, I'm making progress with that:
openmw03.png

Not playable for now as it crash quickly (I have to rebuild bullet it seems) and video are super super slow (I can probably hack a few things to get them a bit smoother). I have no ideas how the speed will be now (not stable enough at all).

The mystery game is an opensource remake (only the engine) of a famous one. It's the third installement (the five is out for more than a year now), and it has been asked numerous times...

Now, on Vangers, it runs on my side. No issue beside the fact that I have absolutly no ideas what your are supposed to do, and the fact that some writing on the screen are a bit small..
Here are some screenshot.
Now, I need to package that, and create some script to autoexctract GoG linux data.

Attachments

• vangers01.png
    vangers01.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 395
  • vangers04.png
    vangers04.png
    492.6 KB · Views: 402
  • vangers07.png
    vangers07.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 379
The mystery game is an opensource remake (only the engine) of a famous one. It's the third installement (the five is out for more than a year now), and it has been asked numerous times...
OpenMW - Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III)
I have absolutly no ideas what your are supposed to do.
In the first area, there are two underground stations, you can find them with the compass bug, they should be the first two entries in the list.
You can get to the compass by clcking in the window on the right side.
There are several ways to make money for better equipment, the usual way are delivery runs. Both "cities" have an item in the store which you can buy cheap there and sell for more in the other one.
A quicker way to earn money is by looking out for the underground hideouts (can be opened like the city hatches with the space key) and selling the contents.
After a while you can do the race where you have to deliver a fragile baby bug to the other station, time and seasons are always progressing there even when you do nothing and are just sitting in a town.
If you manage to be second or third in the race you just get money, if you manage to be first two times the game actually progresses but things get really nasty in the second world, believe me.

There's more you have to learn and this is one of the games where you actually need to look into the manual, because the game deliberately refuses to tell you some things in advance.
It's meant to be confusing and mean.

Back