Port Requests

Huh, coulda sworn I had Navit running already. Building it now, I'll let you know if it works.

Huh, coulda sworn I had Navit running already. Building it now, I'll let you know if it works.
Great :)

well there is no timelimit, I just wanted to point out that looking for compile errors might be more interesting than crawling for easter eggs ;)

well there is no timelimit, I just wanted to point out that looking for compile errors might be more interesting than crawling for easter eggs ;)
YOU CANNOT EAT COMPILE ERRORS.

Back on-topic: Assuming you are using some form of external GPS hardware, won't the fact that everyone if potentially using something different pose significant problems? I have read before that a lot of the cheaper USB GPS devices vary wildly in they way their applications need to be set up, which could pose a problem if this is to be contained within a PND that does not need to be stripped and repackaged at all.

Back on-topic: Assuming you are using some form of external GPS hardware, won't the fact that everyone if potentially using something different pose significant problems?
GPS driver should expose the GPS information in an entirely standard way. If it has Linux drivers (which most* do, because there's not really that much variance in GPS chips) then it'll just work.

(*)for a definition of "most" which means every one of the dozen or so I've looked into getting at one point or another.

I have a version here, that compiles, but there is a segfault to fix, complete with espeak, speechdispenser and gpsd.

If anyone wants to have it: Here you go:

http://maheld.heckel-web.pharmchem.uni-frankfurt.de/navit.tar.bz2

A pnd, that segfaults is here:

http://maheld.heckel-web.pharmchem.uni-frankfurt.de/navit.pnd

All libs and includes are in the pnd.

WizardStan: Maybe you can use that, speechdispendser has a really nasty configurescript, that puts your hostincludes into the Makefiles :( And so it is already sorted.

This is a builddirectory from sebt3s toolchain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on-topic: Assuming you are using some form of external GPS hardware, won't the fact that everyone if potentially using something different pose significant problems? I have read before that a lot of the cheaper USB GPS devices vary wildly in they way their applications need to be set up, which could pose a problem if this is to be contained within a PND that does not need to be stripped and repackaged at all.

As the others say, GPSD add single interface to the different chipsets (which aren't that much). But you have to tell him the virtual comport etc.

@mcobit

thats great, when does the segvault occure? Does it already support external config files?

This segfaults at start, I think some serious gdb action is required ;)

Sounds bad :/

Well to bring back your motivation another one has spend +10€ so we are at 30€ for a successful port :)

Not really bad, but someone with some time and skill would have to investigate. Or build it completely from the ground up. WizardStan: Still on it?

For anyone interested in porting Micropolis/SimCity: I was able to get it compiled in Linux, but only after following the instructions here (even though it's for Ubuntu, the important steps were distro-independent in my case). It seems the code doesn't work out of the box with a typical Linux system. The two big things seemed to be using byacc (the .y file in micropolis-activitytclx/src fails with other versions of yacc) and applying a patch. Also, it doesn't mention it in that set of instructions, but micropolis-activity/src/tclx/config.mk Line 83 has to be changed to

Code:
YACC = byacc

I hope it's as simple as that, but I don't have my system yet so I can't try it for myself.

I think I've asked this before, but I haven't been able to find Mr. Driller anywhere and I remember it was ported to Dingux sometime last year. Would anyone mind bringing it over to the Pandora?

I think I've asked this before, but I haven't been able to find Mr. Driller anywhere and I remember it was ported to Dingux sometime last year. Would anyone mind bringing it over to the Pandora?
Do you have a link to the source so I can add this to the wiki?

Also, added micropolis/

I might take a swing at this myself at some point, but I think uzbl could become an awesome browser for pandora. It's fast. The javascript core could be a tad faster though, but I love the idea behind this browser. Take a peek :)

Apparently I was wrong, Ogre3D does not yet work on the Pandora, although there is some debate over how easy it would be to get working here.

Ugh, I was thinking of something I'd like on the pandora just today, and I forgot... I need to write these things down...

edit: I suppose this would run out of the box? It's a python program...

http://www.pychess.org/about/

edit2: I haven't seen it yet... how about FALLING SAND?!

Edit3: oh, I guess there is sandora.

edit4: Does it have that monster thing in there that destroys everything?

Jeez, I need to stop editing.

Back