Port Request: Octave

Azure

Trust the recursion...
Any chances for this? I'd imagine this type of software (unless there's already something similar that's been ported; I checked the archive and only found a simple calculator) would be really useful to be able to use the Pandora to do work on the go.

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

It works out of the box if you install Debian so not porting would be needed, just some packaging.

Azure said:
Any chances for this? I'd imagine this type of software (unless there's already something similar that's been ported; I checked the archive and only found a simple calculator) would be really useful to be able to use the Pandora to do work on the go.

theres 2 'smart' calculators and atleast one of them is a graphing one
and then theres the simple calculator your talking about

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,113,120
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,113,96

annoyingly theyre under office apps not calculators

Last edited by a moderator:
emcp said:
Azure said:

theres 2 'smart' calculators and atleast one of them is a graphing one
and then theres the simple calculator your talking about

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,113,120
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,113,96

annoyingly theyre under office apps not calculators
Both requiere the actual rom of the device.
And none actually allow you to do math as octave does...

sebt3 said:
Both requiere the actual rom of the device.
And none actually allow you to do math as octave does...
no need for roms

I just downloaded the source-code for the latest stable version and tried configuring it. First error was moaning about a missing fortran-compiler. I am installing that right now. So maybe i will offer a PND soon, but i can not promise anything. I've got to see if i am motivated during the next days. ;)

Solved one problem, got some more. :D

configure: WARNING: Qhull library not found --- This will result in loss of functionality of some geometry functions.
configure: WARNING: PCRE library not found. This will result in some loss of functionality for the regular expression matching functions.
configure: WARNING: qrupdate not found. The QR & Cholesky updating functions will be slow.
configure: WARNING: AMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CXSparse not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: arpack not found. This will result in a lack of the eigs function.
configure: WARNING: I didn't find bison, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct parse.cc
configure: WARNING: I didn't find gnuplot. It isn't necessary to have gnuplot
configure: WARNING: installed, but you won't be able to use any of Octave's
configure: WARNING: plotting commands without it.
configure: WARNING:
configure: WARNING: If gnuplot is installed but it isn't in your path, you can
configure: WARNING: tell Octave where to find it by typing the command
configure: WARNING: gnuplot_binary = "/full/path/to/gnuplot/binary"
configure: WARNING: at the Octave prompt.
configure: WARNING: Setting default value to gnuplot
configure: WARNING: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: WARNING: I didn't find makeinfo, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct the Info version of the manual
configure: WARNING: I didn't find texi2dvi, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct the DVI version of the manual
configure: WARNING: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: WARNING: I didn't find bison, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct parse.cc
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: qrupdate not found. The QR & Cholesky updating functions will be slow.
configure: WARNING: AMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CXSparse not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: arpack not found. This will result in a lack of the eigs function.
configure: WARNING: FFTW library not found. Octave will use the (slower) FFTPACK library instead.
configure: WARNING: GLPK library not found. The glpk function for solving linear programs will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick++ config script not found. Assuming GraphicsMagic++ library and header files are missing, so imread will not be fully functional
configure: WARNING: PCRE library not found. This will result in some loss of functionality for the regular expression matching functions.
configure: WARNING: Qhull library not found --- This will result in loss of functionality of some geometry functions.
configure: WARNING: I didn't find makeinfo, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct the Info version of the manual
configure: WARNING: I didn't find texi2dvi, but it's only a problem if you need to reconstruct the DVI version of the manual
configure: WARNING: I didn't find gnuplot. It isn't necessary to have gnuplot
configure: WARNING: installed, but you won't be able to use any of Octave's
configure: WARNING: plotting commands without it.
configure: WARNING: If gnuplot is installed but it isn't in your path, you can
configure: WARNING: tell Octave where to find it by typing the command
configure: WARNING: gnuplot_binary = "/full/path/to/gnuplot/binary"
configure: WARNING: at the Octave prompt.
configure: WARNING: "FLTK config script not found. Native graphics will be disabled."
configure: WARNING: I didn't find the necessary libraries to compile native
configure: WARNING: graphics. It isn't necessary to have native graphics
configure: WARNING: but you will have to use gnuplot or you won't be able
configure: WARNING: to use any of Octave's plotting commands
But at least configuring finishes. I could start to compile now. But i will leave that for now.

Sorry, but i have to retreat from this for now. I am not cross-compiling, but building it on my Pandora. And while trying that, my Pandora started swapping memory and "hang" (as in went busy beyond scope). I left it running over lunch with permanent SD-activity (probably not too healthy), but i didn't see any progress in the terminal anymore.

Back