[poll] Are You Windows User Or Linux User ?

Are You Windows user or Linux user or maybe using other OS?

• Windows / ReactOS

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Linux

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • BeOS / Haiku / Zeta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FreeBSD

• Aros

• Syllable

• Other

• Total voters

I voted Linux, but I use a lot of OS'es.. just none of them Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer linux, but I'm often forced to use Mac OS X. Not nearly as bad as Windows, but far from a nice experience.

I use Linux (usually Kubuntu, but also SliTaz and Puppy on occasion), but am looking to also set up a machine with FreeBSD at some point. :p

In order of frequency
XP Linux BeOS/Haiku Vista (almost never)

In order of preference
Linux BeOS/Haiku XP Vista

BeOS could easily take over first place once they have a few things working like 3d and printing and java/openoffice

Oh and Linux distros in order of preference
Debian/ArchLinux are tied then Slitaz (slow loading from usb) and Puppy (no multiuser) for USB sticks

Windows Vista FTW!

Only bsods I had was about defective usb gamepad.

Dang I guess I would have expected almost all users to be Linux but then people use different OS's to cater to their liking. Which is the way it should be. I personally prefer Ubuntu because of its ease of use and the ability to use terminal whenever I want to. I find it humorous when people snicker in derision when non-systems administrators like myself promote the ease of use in Ubuntu. I use what works best for me. I'll never be l33t.

I use Linux and Windows in roughly equal measures.

ReactOS kicks butt \^_\^ I actually have a small amount of source code I've written in their source tree (infinst.c, infinst.h)

Yeah, i love ReactOS and Haiku, and i cant wait when they'll kick butt M$ Windows...:)

Im active terster both and i must admit when haiku comes to RC1 with Wifi stack support, ill install it on my wind laptop. I've already added to the build OSS drivers, and i have sound [ what a pleasure to hear a sound on nevest laptops/netboks in haiku, yeah :) ]

ReactOS cant be booted up from external drive , but it runs on various laptops like charm [ i've tested 3 ].

I use Ubuntu on my laptop, but I'm going to switch to Debian "squeeze" in a few days :)
I also use Icaros Desktop (AROS), Haiku and Syllable through VMWare, and sometimes Puppy and DSL on older computers.
And I didn't touch a Windows box for years :p

I use OpenBSD! I have to choose other then. :( Btw, the topic is somewhat misleading. Windows or Linux user? There are many more OS listed in your poll

'r00tw00t' said:
I use OpenBSD! I have to choose other then. :( Btw, the topic is somewhat misleading. Windows or Linux user? There are many more OS listed in your poll
To prevent questions like "why you dont add a freebsd to poll?" ... so on. Anyway i think most people here uses linux / windows than other OSes, thats why name of poll stays "win user, linux user..."

Ubuntu on desktop, macbook and media server, some commercial linux flavor at work. I almost never touch windows. I've used vista under five times total.

I use windows, from the poll it looks like about half the people who frequent the forums use windows. I would be willing to bet there is a positive correlation between people who will get a pandora, but don't use the forum very much, and so put it at over half for windows.

'Miknal' said:
I use windows, from the poll it looks like Arguing which is better in a windows vs linux debate is pointless, since most windows users don't use it out of choice, and only partly out of ignorance. It's more that we just don't care that much!

There has been no argument so far, don't you try and incite one! Let's keep this one a nice thread where people can tell what OSs they use. :)

Back