Pokémon GO

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Your thoughts about Pokémon GO from The Pokémon Company/Niantic Labs/Nintendo?

Servers are hammered, but the one time I could log in it seemed nice. Somehow similar to Ingress (go figure...)

13585051_10154769800059578_6552186975108442906_o.jpg

Version I have doesn't seem to have the flagged permissions shown in that article, but you're right it was pretty reckless of me to just link that. My apologies.

Apparently there are reports of people being banned for playing it in unsupported countries, but I can't find any hard evidence of this. Articles say it's happened, and to be cautious, but the closest thing to hard evidence is a screen cap of the "servers are busy" screen. If someone is actually banned, and there's a "you are banned" screen, why aren't they showing it? I have suspicions that anyone has actually been banned.
It'd be really easy for niantic to just ban everyone outside their currently active countries all at once, there's no point to doing them as one-offs.

The game is a bit unfair. I stopped playing the game for just one day, and my friends have waaay better Pokémon than mine.

Those kids must be from the Simpsons/Springfield to still be kids 20 years later.

Back