Pocketsurfer 2 Lite Portable

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
PocketSurfer 2

Ok, I came accross this earleir. Looks tempting apart from the ambiguous wording

The cost of running a PocketSurfer2 is much lower than a comparable Mobile Internet Devices.So much so, that 20 hours usage a month for the first year is included in the price. After 12 Months you can pay £5.99 per month or £59.99 for unlimited usage for the lifetime of the product.. For the averge user the cost is far less than running a home PC!

What do you gusy think?

Enverex said:
... are they charging for internet usage by the hour? How does that even work on modern non-dialup connections?

I imagine they count by the meg, and just equate that into hours of regular browsing.

Although everything goes via their servers (you're not connected directly to the web, instead everything goes via their servers and gets compressed before it's sent to the device over GPRS), so maybe they really do count the minutes that your device is connected!

Last edited by a moderator:
The connection is only up when you ask for it, and you pay for that time. simples. It's not designed for 'allways-on' connectivity. Be very sure to be convinced that the performance is good enough for what you want to use it for. I think you are tied to a dedicated homebrew browser, which is optimised for minimal data bandwidth, not for performance.

Looks pretty.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back