Pocketsnes Question

fettouhi

I've finally gotten PocketSNES running with sound (set the sound output to 22050 and did a global save). But the sound has some static noise in some games like super metroid and mario plu also how do I quite the emulator? I can only get out if I do a full reset of my Wiz. Same goes for the Gfpc (nes emulator).

Regards

André

HeWhoCorrupts posted on May 25 2009 at 01:58 PM said:
press the volume + and - at the same time, and it will exit the program. and give you a menu where you can make savestates or save the sram. Saving the sram will make you save files in games solid.
Nice!!

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry this maybe a bit of a stupid question but on the start up screen on pocketsnes i can only set the clock speed up to 300 but have heard it is possible to set the speed above that ,is there a way of enerting an options menu to tweak the settings on pocket snes ,thanx in advance , :( its ok now sorted out sorry :ph34r:

darthmiike posted on May 25 2009 at 03:55 PM said:
sorry this maybe a bit of a stupid question but on the start up screen on pocketsnes i can only set the clock speed up to 300 but have heard it is possible to set the speed above that ,is there a way of enerting an options menu to tweak the settings on pocket snes ,thanx in advance , :( its ok now sorted out sorry :ph34r:
Right now the clock speed setting doesn't work, as it's just left there from being ported from the GP2X, this may be fixed if someone decides to release a more optimized version of the emulator for the WIZ.

Just so it's clear, that means that it'll run at whatever clock speed the Wiz is in beforehand, which is 533MHz by default. You can use Pickle's overclocking app to change it beforehand if you want.

Can anyone get DBZ Hyper Dimension to work, ive set the sound to 22050 and have tried several times and it still gives me a DSP error. Im wondering if im saving the options when i set the sound, how do you save the changed options, what am i missing here.

portcitypetino posted on May 28 2009 at 12:30 AM said:
Can anyone get DBZ Hyper Dimension to work, ive set the sound to 22050 and have tried several times and it still gives me a DSP error. Im wondering if im saving the options when i set the sound, how do you save the changed options, what am i missing here.
Set the sound at 22khz.

Btw headoverheels has done a pre-release at gp32spain and it's working correctly at 533mhz,son games hit 60fps at that speed, you can overclock within the app menu with no extra tools

anyone here having issues with super mario allstars? I get the main "splash" screen where all the dudes are chilling then when I get to the game selection everything is in havok. have to guess which game is which then everything works fine.

anyone here having issues with super mario allstars? I get the main "splash" screen where all the dudes are chilling then when I get to the game selection everything is in havok. have to guess which game is which then everything works fine.
Yup, just tested it and I have the same issue. Major graphical glitches in the main menu. But once you select which game you want to play it works fine. Hmm, perhaps someone can make a quick and dirty fix.

Has anybody else noticed that pocketsnes is quiite a bit slower with the 1.1.0 firmware than with the 1.0.1? I have stuttering sound in super tennis and I have to turn on the mmu hack in order to get frame rates of 60.

Regards

André

how do i save my game file on pocketsnes and picodrive and the nes emulator i hate getting far in a game then having to start again because i cant save please help

For Pocketsnes do you have SRAM set to manual or automatic? You should have it set to auto.
SRAM is the battery save, and auto SRAM means the battery saves should work like on a real SNES.
Otherwise, use savestates. :)

hi i have tried everything ive try to set the settings to what everyone has said but all it says is failed to write config...plz help as i feal lyk throwing my wiz at the wall....i get so far in the tick,the punisher and super punch out think that maybe this time its saved but hasnt please help me!!!!!!!!! also with the gba emulator it says about needing some sort of picture plz help!!!

Hi, about the GBA emulator:

What it is asking for is a file called "gba_bios.bin" which is the real GBA's BIOS. Of course, you can't be given links for it in this board since that involves legal issues, but you can try getting it by yourself. You must place that file in the same folder where gpSP is located and from then on you will be able to use the application.

There's a readme in the gpSP folder that explains this matter.

Back