PNDstore - Won't Install Programs Now - Permission Denied

ArchiMark

Digerati & Pretty Nice Guy
Don't know what changed as PNDstore was working OK until this morning.....

Now, I get the following error message when I try to install a program:

Failed to Install 'name of program...'

IO Error (13, 'Permission Denied')
Any idea how to fix this???

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion!

Turns out that the SD card in slot 1 (? closest to on/off switch...) was locked. However, this card has PanDebian on it, so, don't want to install programs to it...want to install to the other card in slot 2.

So, now realizing that PNDstore program wants to install to card in slot 1, I switched locations of cards and voila! now it works OK....

Thanks.

I have two sd cards inserted, and when I click install it gives me a drop-down list of installation locations. Unfortunately, neither sd card is listed, even though the pandora sees them and has mounted them. The only options it gives are '/usr/pandora/apps' and '/usr/pandora/mmenu'. I figured they'd be links to one of the sd cards, but no such luck.

Wasn't there another installer out there, one that was inspired by the pacman package manager from Arch Linux?

PND Manager is what you want.

PNDStore is very basic, PND Manager is the real deal.

It even suggests to get it in the Quickstart Manual.

Having same problem, all folders have become root and root even root can make folders so can´t arrenge folders like before, use PND manager or even install/upgrade thru PND store - only update. Can it be something with exFAT i installed recently?

To make folders/copy i have to put SD in SD>USB adapter... Anyone have any idea what i could have done? Please

Last edited by a moderator:
If the SD card is FAT32, try doing some checks on it. Either mount it on a Windows machine and check it or use fsck on the Pandora to check it (if you need help just ask).

Most of the time when a card suddenly becomes right protected it's because it encountered some bad blocks and doesn't want to screw things further.

Thanks for reply, it might be some PND i installed incorrectly since problem started on all SD same time, or might started in some folders. Going to check more on SDs and the installs made.

Solved by doing do this firmwire flash: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/9002-superzaxxon-final-released/

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Download SuperZaxxon Final

Please note: Flashing the new firmware will put your unit back into a default state. All your settings and users will be lost. Of course, this does not apply to PNDs which save their stuff on the SD-Card.

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.
Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"
It will then flash the firmware onto the NAND. After it's finished, reboot your Pandora and patiently wait until the First Boot Wizard appears on the screen.

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back