Release pnd_assoc

Jey123456

This is a little script i made in the past hour or so. So that i could associate panplayer with my videos without having to tie it down to one sd slot.

It could be used for just about anything else, like linking .sms with snes9x or whatever (no clue if it would work right away, or would need to call another script tho).

Anyhow, here's a little pnd installer. it install it on the nand, but the whole thing is about 10kb so i doubt its really an issue. (kinda needed to be on the nand to not lock up an sd card).

The installer add a new command called pnd_assoc. that you can use in custom command field on the open with dialog in xfce to link your pnd with that type.

(for panplayer its : 'pnd_assoc PanPlayer mplayer.sh' without the quotes.

the script take care of converting the path to an absolute one (needed because of the way pnd are executed), it will also automaticly find the pnd so long as its in the discoverable location specified in /etc/pandora/conf/desktop and if you use a generic name (like pcsx-rearmed instead of pcsx-rearmed-r8) it should work even if you update your pnd (so long as you moved the older one away so that its not found first).

While the script is made to work with the filemanager, its also very easy to use from the console. a lot easier than pnd_run at least XD. just running pnd_assoc PanPlayer mplayer.sh movie.mpg will do everything for you.

To make it a bit more visual that the file is loading, i also added a little notification icon in the bottom bar, so that you know something is happening and dont spam it 10 times thinking it didnt receive the first 9 !

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very useful thing.

Will it work on other file managers as well, such as Xfe?

more feature complete pack

as for working with other manager yes it does. its a command line tool, so long as the filemanager support associating a mime/filetype with a custom command.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back