Please..Read ASAP..!

shah

I am going mad. Please hear me out. This is a sad story of my GP32. I bought it for emulators, thought, Ok, i love PC's and this is a geek toy. This is my story. (PLEASE NOTE: I am literate and have spent ages with many different drivers/combinations... to give you an example i am sitting my post grad medical exmas..they cost me over £1000, yep $1600 USD.. instead of revising like shit,m i am pissed off trying to get this peice of shit to work.. Pelase excuse my language)

1) Took ages to register with the bloody site to D/L Link software and GP launcher.

2) Installed the USB drivers

3) Installed and registered with the Reg prog.

4) Run Linker.. all seems good, Installed Launcher after trying several times to format SMC.. Can now doit all the time. Tried to install GPengine...

4) run launcer, run GPOengine... what happens, i get a chneese screen with words i dont know, and then the GP32 resets itself....!

5) Replaced batteris, got new batteries, got some more new batteries, still the same.

6) Formated SMC 1000s times and did above, still the same.

7) Got my 128 MB cards out.. tried to format.. formats then casues a fucking process error.. Messed up 2 128 cards, can no longer format one of them at all.

8) Now using the 32 MB card only.. what the fuck, gives me process errors every 2nd time. Tried to install Windups... cannot get it to lauch with launcher as it stall..

9) Wind up works.. multiple streaks on the screen. Again get DURACELL PLUS.. no help.. still the same. Try to install GPengine again, does everything and then give me process error

10) Finnaly try to install GP laucnher .. process error.. later install.. but then does not fully install wind ups..!

11) Now repeat the whole of the above 10 times over with different results all the time.. I dont get one consistent result.. not even the same errors...

12) I thenrepeat all the above again with Version 1.3 linker, with hacked linker with another usb driver, with xp usb driver

13) repat all the above inc. step 12 on my laptop.

14) repeat althe above inc. step 12 on my Windows 98 PC.

15) 14 straight hours later.. No revison done for the exams and spent 15 hrs on Pc/Laptop/old pc... NO FU%%ING

RESULT..!

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME.......... What the hell am i dong wrong.....

PLEASE DO NOT PATRONIS Me AND SAY BATTERIES.. the only sane answer is this is a f%%king nightmare...but i knoiw its bloody real...!

PLEASE HELP ANYONE.. PS any pne want to buy this.. or else its on UK EBAY..!Had to pay bloddy import tax on it as well..!

Yes my englisch is bad.. Well its not really, Cos i'm a Doc, but at this time of the night i just dopnt give a monkeys about my spellin'

Please email me on:

shah.ali@mailcity.com

Swear as much as you like...!

Normally I wouldn´t reply to a post with this language, but seeing the trouble you have I can understand you are ´upset´.

I have had similair problems; progs resetting, roms not loading, demos with messed up graphics, aborting avi´s, SMC card that couldn´t be formatted anymore, dissapearing roms (and directories) when running castaway (not castaways fault!).

I still don´t know what caused all these problems but mine where all gone when I started to use a PC card reader instead of GPLink.

When I let windows do a check on my SMC when I first used a card reader it found, and corrected, a lot of errors. But now all my problems are gone.

If you know someone with a cardreader try it out. If you don´t it is well worth the investment.

I'll try to be nice, but

1. The GP32 is not to blame for your lack of revision, you should be in control of your own priorities
2. This whole fiasco wouldn't have happened if you had stopped using the GP32 after the 200th or so format (you say you did it 1000 times...)

I see that this has happened: SMC reading screws up (formatting SMC doesn't work), GPengine crashes on startup, streaks on screen.

Out of all your ranting, those were the three problems. I suggest you get a new unit, streaks on the screen and 'two SMCs messed up and unable to reformat one of them' are quite blatantly not software-related errors that can be easily fixed.

Send it back to wherever you got it from. It's screwed.

Sorry for such an obvious and annoying response, but I can't exactly say "pull out a magic screwdriver, twirl the knob around and everything will work".

Finally - the Korean text on loading an FXE, and the registration, are annoying for all of us.

Hope you have a working GP32 soon,

- Rico

HAHAHA, same thing happend to me man. I launched the free launcher, but I didnt put anything in my gpmm folder, and thats where the programs/emulators are supposed to go. So all I got was a screen in a diff language that said to push A or something, then it restarted. It took me all day to figure out everything about launching stuff all by myself.

Almost every error you have, I also had. I had an error with formatting too, but I restarted the prog and gp32, reformatted again, worked fine.

Mfobibk or what ever.. PLEASE.. dont get me mad dude.. :)

Of course i put it into the GPMM folder. where else.. i told you i have doen everuthing. AS for it being broken, i bought it from Playasia brand new... boxed and sealed..!

PLEASE anyone else fuSSked off like ,me..?

I understand you where ´upset´ in your first post, but please don´t act like that when people try to help you by repsonding to your post.

My advice: try a PC card reader, solved my problems

@shah

PLEASE DO NOT PATRONIS Me AND SAY BATTERIES.. the only sane answer is this is a f%%king nightmare...but i knoiw its bloody real...!

Dont whinge about people suggesting this course of action - it's actually one of the most common answers to problems - especially for newbies...

And CALM DOWN for God's sake! Look... what has happened to you is unfortunate, but it has happened to more than one person on this board, and none of them has been as hysterical as you. Also, remember that people don't HAVE to help you on here. People are using their spare time to try and give you a hand with this, and would appreciate not being taken for granted.... well thats the way I feel anyway.

Also, the language may not bother you, and to be honest, it doesn't really phaze me. BUT.. it does offend a hell of a lot of people out there, and we get all ages on this board, so I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you kept the whole thing a little more eloquent next time.

This board has been 99% pleasent and friendly up till now, and I for one don't want that to change.

Hope everything goes okay for you, and you get a working GP32 ASAP. If you're in the UK, would be a good idea to buy from GBAx.com next time - no return problems reported there, adn no import duty to worry about...

Cheers

Sorry dude.. its just that i have tried everything short of Reflashing..!

No offence to rebonikc..!

I cannot understand why i get so many "process error" or failed to complete rubbish, its like it write the whole file and the last few k, it does something. I am not sure if its the GP32 or the PC/Linker?other programs.

What puisses me off is that the same bug does not happen all the time. I.E sometimes Launcher installs ok, other time it does not, and just now both launcher and GPengine loadeded ok, but when i run GP engine it resets..?... I just bought it 5 days ago, and did no messing around with it..

What do people think of re-flashing it..?

Thanks..

!

shah posted on May 17 2003 said:
AS for it being broken, i bought it from Playasia brand new... boxed and sealed..!
Asif that means anything at all....
you GP32's broken man, get over it and get off of this board...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies to all.. Will keep my mouth shut....

Ah well... thats life.

ThaNKS to all who have posted.

Hope the GP32 scene continues to grow....

Adios

Shah

Valium...!!!

LOL..

My best bet

1) Sell on EBAY
2) Get SMC reader and try that out
3) Reflash the whole boot thing..!

I wont do option 1 cos, thats not me, so will try 2 and then fingers crossed 3.

Bit manic today..!

Shah

AS for it being broken, i bought it from Playasia brand new... boxed and sealed..!

Yeah, I think just about everybody gets their GP32 boxed and sealed.

It was imported from Korea. Sometimes something bad happens, smashing, improper packing, faults in manufacturing, especially from a shoddy company like Gamepark. It might seem unlikely to you buit these things do happen. I bought an OZ-700 organiser from Argos and it arrived with a nasty liquid crystal leak in the screen, I got it replaced the next day no problem.

- Rico

ARGOS

Wish theyd stock the GP32..!

Well you live and learn..!

Now this is an interesting theory.. if i flash the GP32 then it should in theory be "ok"..? nay ideas.. Very tempted to flash now as i have alll the files.. but i said i will try a flash reader first..!

Look,

There has been quite a few people on this board that have had very bad problems with their GP32`s and they have also brought them from NEW, But that not stop the from getting the problems.

Listen,

Before you make your problems worse, Take my advice and SEND THE GP32 BACK.

Forget about flashing your bios as you will undoubtedly void your warranty, Then the shit will hit the fan.

Trooper

Why are you pressing on with this? Return it, even if you get games to run on it, won't they have white streaks?

That said if you already have a reader, no harm in messing about one last time in the vain hope that it'll work...

Back